Delicious, easy, simple Asian recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

shalinee

Senior Cook
Hi I have a lovely Chinese recipe to share here. I love Chinese food and Chinese cooking. I cooked Cashew Nut Chicken yesterday for dinner. Goes very well with plain rice and stir-fry broccoli.

Ingredients A
3 chicken thighs (debone and cut into strips)
1 T light soya sauce
1 T cornflour
Mix and marinade for 30 minutes.
Ingredients B (sauce)
3 T light soya sauce
3 T water
1 T sugar
1 t vinegar
1 t corn flour
3 T chili sauce (optional)
Mix all together in a small bowl.
Ingredients C (garnishing)
1/2 C cashew nuts (roasted)
coriander

Heat up 3 T of oil, add the chicken. Cook it well. Add the sauce and stir till thickened. Dish it up. Top with cashew nuts and coriander for garnishing. Serve hot with plain rice. A pot of Chinese tea to go with it will be fantastic.:chef:

Thanks - sounds delicious.

Plus, since chicken thighs here are available already skinless & boneless, & I always have a package or two in the freezer, this will be a real cinch to put together.

Made up a very nice Baked Chicken Curry yesterday. Everyone in my family loves it and said it's awesome. Great to go with just plain rice or you can use it to make burger or baguette. Hope you will try it.

Enjoy cooking.
Shalinee

More at : http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.com

shalinee just took a look at the website you sent the link to.Great site with great recipes and yummy looking food.thanks!

Sarah, thanks for your compliments. Welcome you to try them. They are easy recipes.

onelove, I'm glad to know you like it & would like to try it this weekend. You can have an easy weekend cooking this meal. Let me know how it goes on. Have a nice weekend.

I definitely will! If i tried mixing the cashews in the sauce would that make then not have a crunch or would that be fine?

I have not tried that cos my children don't like nuts in the food. I think it would be nice. I would love the crunch. Try it and let me know. It's always fun to re-create and make a new dish.

I always thought that making an Indian meal is difficult. Decided to try the other day for dinner and it came out great. I cooked Tandoori Chicken and Nan. That was such an awesome dinner. Check out pictures and recipe at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Tandoori Chicken And Nan

Sorry there's no pictures here. Couldn't download it. Hope can sort that out soon.

Cheers,
Shalinee

I am IN LOVE with Chinese food! It may be right next to Mexican and Italian. Thanks for posting these awsome recipes that I will definitely try this week.

Made soft cheese scones yesterday morning for breakfast. This is not an Asian food but they were really so good I'll post it anyway here. It's very cheesy and my family loves it very much. Anything homemade is fresh & taste superior to store bought. It very easy and fast to make. Check for recipe at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Soft Cheese Scones

Cheers,
shalinee

Dina, lovely to know you love Chinese food. I'll keep learning and keep posting. I'm not too sure if you like Indian food. I have just started to come to appreciate it more after I tried out the tandoori chicken with nan. It's really fabulous. Check it out at Keep Learning Keep Smiling » Tandoori Chicken And Nan

Cheers,
shalinee

img_846947_0_070211a331d87efa48ad5bc546a864ac.png

Banana fritters for dessert

HI..Im half Filipino and when it comes to Asian Cooking, Filipino cuisine is one of the best. Id like to share this recipe with y'all.

Yellow Ribbon Turon
(makes 20 pieces)

- 10 saba bananas, sliced lengthwise
- 20 lumpia wrappers (spring roll wrappers)
- brown sugar (start with ½ cup then keep adding when you run out)
- 10 pieces Choc-nut chopped (this will also depend on how much you want to put into your turon)
- 10 pieces total Curly Tops & Flat Tops, chopped (again, this will also depend on how much you want to put into your turon)
- a little water
- oil for frying
80breakfasts.blogspot.com

Here’s what you do:

- Spread the brown sugar in a bowl wide enough to lay the banana slices in.
- Coat a slice of banana in the brown sugar.
- Place the coated banana on one end of the lumpia wrapper
- Place alternating chunks of Choc-nut on the banana slice (Feel free to do this to your taste, if you want more of the peanut or more of the chocolate flavor.
- Fold wrapper and banana over once, then fold the side ends in, then continue folding until you reach the end of the wrapper. Seal the end with water.
- Repeat procedure with the rest of the banana slices.
- Fry in hot oil until golden brown.

choc-nut is a Philippine made product,,You can substitute it with chopped peanuts or any chocolate u want....You can also top the turones with vanilla ice cream..Hope y'all try this one out. xoxo:chef:

Back
Top Bottom