Duck's Neck

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
tripe, like chitterlins can be properly prepared and taste quite wonderful.
I am a great fan of liver and kidneys, but I know how to clean them, and cook them. And I want them fresh not frozen...freezing hurts the texture of these delicate organs. Heart makes great stew; I've had duck heart stew from Philipines that was awesome. Anyone having pig thigh for Easter? Fresh or pumped full of preserving salts??

Re: duck necks, I just can't believe they'd be much fun to eat. Whenever I roast poultry, I always save the neck & the giblets to cook up for the cats. Picking the meat off of the neck is messy & takes some time, plus the bones fall apart easily. Not my idea of fun - but then there might be a preparation method that does more for them.

As far as other organ meats, I've never been a fan of beef or calves liver, but do enjoy veal & lamb kidneys. I also LOVE chicken livers, & a grocery in NY used to sell Italian stuffed pork livers that were fabulous.

And while my grandmother used to make a wonderful tripe soup, I've never been able to get up the gumption to even try sweetbreads or brains. Something about the appearance & the texture turns me off.

i don't know, i'll ask.

hmmm, it didn't answer, just mumbled something about being hungry...

Back
Top Bottom