Easy German recipes, please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
lawchick04 said:
Cara, thanks so much for the recipes.:ROFLMAO: I'm printing them out as we speak. I'm not sure what a championon (spelling) is, though. Can someone help me out here?

champignon is the most common type of white mushrooms:)

Ah, White Mushroom! Thanks, UR, you're Genius!! Have I mentioned that I LOVE this site? Just started using it last week and I'm so hooked. Have never joined any discussion groups before discusscooking.com.

You're very welcome lawchick!! Naaah I am not a genius it just happens that the white mushrooms are also called "champignon" in Italian, the language I am pretty familiar with
3.gif

You are not alone in getting hooked to this site, I, for one, have been as well since I joined last month!! And you have chosen the right place, this is as good an online discussion group as it can get!! Everyone is very friendly, helpful with great sense of humour it is like your extended family... I am really happy you are enjoying it!!

I think most foodies in the US would know what a champignon is...I think it's just me who didn't know! But now I do, and I always love gaining a bit of extra knowledge...at the very least, it makes me better at trivia games!:-p

Cripes.... I just got onto this thread and now I have 200 new recipes to try...... LOL. My family is German and I truly like most German dishes. They tend to be deep and hearty meals. German wines are generally sweet or fruity. Liebfraumilch is one of my favorites.

Will you all PLEASE slow down.. it'll take me a month to catch up.... LOL

Dug, I`m sorry, but german wines are NOT sweet... I prefer the dry red ones.. and there are good ones in Germany... but they don't export to the US...

you can be lucky... I'm short of time, so I won't get you any new recipes this week :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom