Greek: Frape cold/ice coffee

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

faye_arv

Assistant Cook
Frape Cold/Ice coffee

Ingredients:

Sugar (to taste)
Instant coffee 1-2 ts (depends on size of glass)
Cold water
Milk (optional)
Ice cubes

Note: Regular water glasses aprox.
1ts of coffee and 0ts sugar: bitter, 1ts sugar: medium sweetness, 2ts sugar: sweet, 3ts sugar: very very sweet!

Preparation:

In a tall glass add the sugar and the coffee. If you have a small hand mixer then add about two fingers thickness of water to the glass and mix well. Go to #2.

If you don't, then add 3 fingers thickness of water and 2 ice cubes. Cover glass with clear wrap or place in a container that closes well and mix the contents. Place in the glass you'll be drinking it in.

2. Add milk if you like, ice, and more water so as to fill the glass. Mix gently with a straw or a spoon. Your glass should have coffee foam at the top.

Always drink with a straw and as cold as possible. :)

Something nice that you can substitute the milk with is vanilla ice cream!

You are bringing back the best memories and making me very hungry!

We have to plan a trip over there soon!!!!

Greek? I don't know why it would be classified as Greek.
Just good. And especially with v/i.

First of all, sorry but I don't know what v/i is, could you please explain :)

I call iced coffee Greek because it's the #1 coffee in Greece. Greeks drink two types of coffee (mostly) Greek coffee and ice coffee. We love our pass time and we love our coffee and we are inseparable from the one or the other! In the summer, ice coffee at the beach is the #1 pass time :)

v/i = vanilla ice cream.

I've lived on iced coffee since moving here 9+ years ago.
Got tired of iced tea and water.

I've got a really good recipe for ice tea too :) My mom used to make it, we could never get enough of it!

She'd put 4 lt of water
Sugar to taste around 2 cups
1 stick of cinnamon
1/2 a lemon
4-6 cloves
in a pot and boil them for 10 minutes until the water gets dark in color. Then add 6 tea bags and boil for 6 minutes or until desired strength. Remove ingredients and let cool then refrigerate.

Really good stuff :)

Does anyone else make their own ice tea? :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom