Hibatchi Noodles question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

crazychick

Assistant Cook
I love the hibatchi noodles that japanese restaurants make. I was wondering what kind of noodles they use and how to prepare it. I have tried with fettachini(can't spell today) and soy sauce but it never tastes like the restaurants. Please help I love these things.:chef:

There are so many that it is hard to narrow it down. Depending on where you go you might be eatin ramen, rice, or bean threads in various thicknesses. Describe the noodle and where you live, and we can better help you.

I lived in Japan for two years and there noodles are called Soba ------some are buckwheat some mung bean starch and so on I was in a large Asian market two weeks ago and they had 4 rows of noodles 7 feet in the air and they ran the gamit from narrow to thick from wheat/buckwheat/ rice/ mung bean so it is hard to tell what you are trying to get. I think she is called Freeda??? of California she markets a refrigerated noodle that is a soft noodle that is delish, I have found them in the produce or refrigerated isle in the store. Here in Des Moines we have 6-7 asian markets to choose from. Good luck

I know that the noodles look like linguine noodles and they use soy sauce. I live in FL so there is a high Japanese steakhouse demand. I'm not sure what else they use or if the soy sauce is diluted.

I'm not sure if it is lo mein because they use a different sauce I thought. I have had lo mein and it does taste different.

Nice Username, but just HOW "Crazy" are you?

how about Asking them, OR go around the Back of the shop and look in the dumpster for empty packets, I`ve done that a few times myself in the past, it`s Amazing the little "Secrets" you discover ;)

I know that the noodles look like linguine noodles and they use soy sauce. I live in FL so there is a high Japanese steakhouse demand. I'm not sure what else they use or if the soy sauce is diluted.

Try googling yakisoba and see if that's what you are looking for.

You say they look like fettuccini or linguine, so you are saying they are flat, right?

Most Japanese noodles are round. But there are loads of different ones in any asian market.

I lived in Japan for two years and there noodles are called Soba ------some are buckwheat some mung bean starch and so on I was in a large Asian market two weeks ago and they had 4 rows of noodles 7 feet in the air and they ran the gamit from narrow to thick from wheat/buckwheat/ rice/ mung bean so it is hard to tell what you are trying to get. I think she is called Freeda??? of California she markets a refrigerated noodle that is a soft noodle that is delish, I have found them in the produce or refrigerated isle in the store. Here in Des Moines we have 6-7 asian markets to choose from. Good luck

frido , is the name i think,very thin noodle cooked a liquid of some sort. i usually do it with chicken stock. they cook very very fast.

babe

Back
Top Bottom