Homemade Egg Rolls?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Personally, I like the challenge of making my own egg roll "skins." But then, I learned at an early age to roll flat bread. The trick is that one has to roll the dough thin enough to see the red rings on the Bethany lefse board (Products) through the dough. Doesn't everyone have one? I actually have two....from what I've read, the trick to making the Vietnamese wrappers is to "paint" the batter on the griddle using a paint brush. I haven't tried those, yet. On my bucket list.

I like the idea. It reminds me of making crepes, although the method there is to tilt and turn and tilt the hot frying pan, in combination with a thin batter to get nice crepes.

I bet all the egg roll recipes would work in crepes, and I bet you could cook egg rolls using crepes as wrappers and deep fry them (instead of baking as is usual with crepes).

This is not a good topic for me here at almost 0100 local. It's not quite good to get up in the middle of the night and get into a humongous cooking session, to say nothing about digestion of midnight transgressions...

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom