Homemade Taquitos!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

GrillingFool

Head Chef
Turns out this weekend was a South of the Border one.
After my 3 Chili 2 Cheese Chorizo Enchilada creation, I had leftover corn tortillas. Since my Flautas were OK, I decided to try some Taquitos.

These have a chorizo and refried black bean filling. I (gasp!!!) used a package of taco seasoning with the meat, along with generous garlic and onion when browning it.

That "salsa" is roasted jalapeno, green cayenne and yellow chili peppers, along with roasted tomatillos, garlic and shallots. That got whirled in my blender with some cumin, lime juice and cider vinegar. Just before I ate, I mixed in 1 mashed avocado and 1/2 or so cup of Jack and Cheddar cheese.

OINK!

Looks very very good, GF! Your salsa sounds great. The only change I would make is the type of cheese - I'd use cotija or maybe manchego, because I can get them easily. If I were in the US - I'd use the same as you. Yummy.

Yeah, I like really manchego and the authentic Mexican cheeses, but they are pricey here... $7.00 or more for 8 oz, and I wasn't in the mood to pay that much. Feelin' broke at
the moment.

Oh I don't blame you a but for that! That really ups the "per serving" cost! Here, just the opposite is true. The wonderful Mexican cheeses are very inexpensive, but when we can find cheddar or jack cheese, it is an investment. (But worth it for occasional macaroni and cheese.)

Back
Top Bottom