I Bought Some Sisig Spice Mix

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JGDean

Sous Chef
I had real Sisig twice and wanted to make some but DH won't go for the "parts is parts" thing. Could someone suggest a general recipe?

I had real Sisig twice and wanted to make some but DH won't go for the "parts is parts" thing. Could someone suggest a general recipe?

I found two definitions for sisig. One for a sweet/sour fruit dish and another for a Filipino dish that involves a pig's head.

Not knowing this dish at all, I googled and found some that appear to follow the traditional ingredients of pig's head parts (ear, jowl, etc) along with pork belly and seasonings. IF someone here isn't familiar with the dish and can provide a TNT recipe, I'd start with that.

If DH needs it to be authentic, does he have a source to ask for a recipe?

Recipe

Not knowing this dish at all, I googled and found some that appear to follow the traditional ingredients of pig's head parts (ear, jowl, etc) along with pork belly and seasonings. IF someone here isn't familiar with the dish and can provide a TNT recipe, I'd start with that.

If DH needs it to be authentic, does he have a source to ask for a recipe?

I have 2 authentic recipes. The DH is the one who can't handle the thought of the pork head parts. I thought maybe pork belly and crispy deep fried minced pork might substitute. Normally I don't like cartilage of any kind but the pork ear was nicely crunchy in both dishes I had.

I have 2 authentic recipes. The DH is the one who can't handle the thought of the pork head parts. I thought maybe pork belly and crispy deep fried minced pork might substitute. Normally I don't like cartilage of any kind but the pork ear was nicely crunchy in both dishes I had.

It's OK to substitute. Use pork belly and whatever else you think will go well and be OK with DH.

I used some pork belly and minced and fried some pork loin. It came out OK just not the same. DH had 2 servings. Thanks for the input!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom