Indian foods cooking question (homemade cheese)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

janetGood

Cook
Does anyone know how to make that homemade cheese?, i don't know what it's called actually but it's made with Milk, maybe whole milk? and lime juice. Then once made sometimes cooked with spinich.
I don't have an indian cookbook so any help would be appreciated, i saw it on a TV show now i have to have some.

Does anyone know how to make that homemade cheese?, i don't know what it's called actually but it's made with Milk, maybe whole milk? and lime juice. Then once made sometimes cooked with spinich.
I don't have an indian cookbook so any help would be appreciated, i saw it on a TV show now i have to have some.

Hi JanetGood,
The cheese to which you are referring is known as "Paneer". If you go to:
Mamta's Kitchen you should be able to access her recipe for making paneer.

Hope this helps,
Archiduc

I think you are asking for the recipe of 'chhenna' or cottage cheese.

Here is the recipe

• Heat milk in a pan and bring it to boil. Remove from heat.
  • Add lemon juice.
  • Stir slowly and gently until white curd forms on the surface and separates from whey or chennar jal.
  • On straining this milk through a neat cotton cloth, the curd that is obtained is called "chenna".
  • Wash chenna well under cold running water and twist the cloth that was used for straining to extract excess water.
  • Knead chenna to make a smooth dough.
  • Cut according to desired shape

Back
Top Bottom