ISO Baklava recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thanks for this thread. I'm new and have a lot to learn.

The recipe Caine submitted specified 1 lb. clarified butter. The recipe I had, by a Greek Chef ,also specified l lb. clarified butter.

Since I'm just playing with it I will use unsalted - probably make a mess of it anyway.

Is there going to be a big difference in the outcome?

I agree with Caine's recipe although here in Greeece we usually use just the walnuts. Pistachios make the baklava more middle eastern. Caine's recipe also has honey in it which really gives the syrup a nice flavor.Use unsalted clarified butter.

I have never made baklava but when I have eaten it (and loved it!!), it has always had cashews in it.

There are many many variations of the recipe. There are differences region to region and household to household. Different nuts, honey or simple syrup or a combination, rose water or not, orange water or not, etc., etc.

There are many many variations of the recipe. There are differences region to region and household to household. Different nuts, honey or simple syrup or a combination, rose water or not, orange water or not, etc., etc.
Think over here they cater to the marketplace more than anything. Cashews sell better than walnuts or pistachios. You get that though! Still, tastes nice whatever the reason. I was just surprised at the recipes posted here.

Back
Top Bottom