ISO Chuka Iidako recipe... Japanese/Chinese baby octopus/scallop recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Ardor

Assistant Cook
Okay... Well, i have never seen it before in Chinese restaurants, but they are everywhere in sushi restaurants. It looks like some sort of baby octopus maybe marinated and stewed in some thing. A restaurant i went to wrote there that it is baby scallops... I really want the recipe to these little things...
Here's what they look like
43494396_960bd2f57d_m.jpg

ichiban_09.jpg

There's definitely sesame seed/oil... but what is that red smoky sauce? It is not spicy in the least bit...

The only thing I can tell you for sure is that those are NOT scallops. Definitely baby octopi. As far as the sauce, it might be a sweet chili sauce like that used in many Thai dishes. It's sort of hot/sweet, but definitely not very spicy. Thai/Chinese/Japanese cultures trade on a lot of their home ingredients.

BreezyCooking said:
The only thing I can tell you for sure is that those are NOT scallops. Definitely baby octopi. As far as the sauce, it might be a sweet chili sauce like that used in many Thai dishes. It's sort of hot/sweet, but definitely not very spicy. Thai/Chinese/Japanese cultures trade on a lot of their home ingredients.
The recipe is also applied on scallops and sometimes jellyfish.

I suspect a sweet and sour sauce... but i have no access to these little things for now... in a few months i will "research" these things deeply =P

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom