ISO easy Spanish recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mikki

Sous Chef
Hey all my dd 15yo has to make a spanish dishfor culture day in her Spanish class. She has to make it herself so it has to be easy and quick to make,she doesn't have much free time. Any ideas? thanks

A Spanish tortilla.

Easy to make and great served at room temp.

My Spanish cookbook is buried under all kinds of stuff we are doing at the moment.

Just Google, it is a classic and easily found recipe.

Merry Christmas.

A Spanish tortilla.

Easy to make and great served at room temp.

My Spanish cookbook is buried under all kinds of stuff we are doing at the moment.

Just Google, it is a classic and easily found recipe.

Merry Christmas.
That's a great suggestion, Aunt Dot. There is a really good video by the director Robert Rodriguez on YouTube where he shows how to make flour tortillas.

I think I'll have her try the flan and if it doesnt turn out then she can do a tortilla. I'll just make sure she has ingred. for both. Thanks for the help guys. Merry Christmas

My mother used to work in the kitchen and this is what they used to do: Make rice slightly undercook. Then:

2 cups cooked rice
sautee 2-3 table spoons of onion
2-3 spoons of red pepper
add rice
2-3 table spoons stewed diced tomato either canned or even fresh
1-2-3 tspoons hot red sauce (depending how hot you want).
mix well hit up rice thru. Done. Doesn't get any easier than this.

Oh gosh, I thought ya'll were talking about plain old flour tortillas. The Spanish Tortilla looks wonderful! I've never heard of this but I think I'll have to try it, too.

That's a great suggestion, Aunt Dot. There is a really good video by the director Robert Rodriguez on YouTube where he shows how to make flour tortillas.

A Spanish tortilla doesn't involve wheat or corn flour. That would be a Mexican tortilla. A Spanish tortilla is pretty much the same as an Italian fritatta.

A great standard Spanish recipe, one that even gets mentioned in most Spanish language lessons, is the traditional Arroz con Pollo (Chicken & Rice).

ARROZ CON POLLO

1 2½ to 3 pound chicken, cut up
2 Tbs canola oil
1½ cups long grain rice
1 medium onion, diced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 cups chicken broth
1 eight ounce can of crushed tomatoes
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp pepper
1 cup frozen peas, thawed

In a large saute pan over medium heat, brown chicken in canola oil. Remove chicken from pan. Use the drippings in the pan to cook the rice, onions and garlic until the rice is golden brown. Add chicken broth, undrained tomatoes, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil and stir well. Arrange chicken on top of rice mixture, cover, and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes, until rice is fully cooked. Add peas, cover, and cook for 5 minutes more.

Last edited:
Little did I know that I've been making Spanish tortilla for the last 20 years. :chef:

I also make simular thing with noodles, wonder if that would be Italian tortilla? :LOL:

Actually, I just realized my Texan is showing. Unfortunately in Texas, Spanish and Mexican is often used interchangeably but clearly, there is a huge difference in the culture and the cuisine.

Fisher's Mom, a Spanish tortilla is not a Mexican tortilla. It is sorta like a frittata made with onions and taters. Very tasty.

Fisher's Mom, a Spanish tortilla is not a Mexican tortilla. It is sorta like a frittata made with onions and taters. Very tasty.
The recipe I saw sounds wonderful. I can't wait to try it. Potatoes are big at my house and this would be a yummy new way to have them. Thanks for suggesting this because I'd never heard of a Spanish Tortilla!

Well I just helped her make flan and it's cooling:). Hopefully I can get it out of the pan and onto a plate. The tortilla sounded great so now I'm going to make that for dinner on Sat. Thanks for all the help. Now my DD won't fail Spanish.:clap:

CharlieD- Her and a friend made Spanish rice last year for culture day it went over good, she wanted something different this year.

Last edited:
Buenelos

My daughters have taken these to school when they did a report on Mexico. They were a big hit with the kids.

Buenelos
Flour tortillas, cut into fourths (or smaller to make it go farther)
Hot oil
Cinnamon and sugar

Put enough oil in skillet to cover the tortilla, heat. When oil it hot, fry tortilla until lightly brown. Remove and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.

My daughters have taken these to school when they did a report on Mexico. They were a big hit with the kids.

Buenelos
Flour tortillas, cut into fourths (or smaller to make it go farther)
Hot oil
Cinnamon and sugar

Put enough oil in skillet to cover the tortilla, heat. When oil it hot, fry tortilla until lightly brown. Remove and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
These are sooo good! We have them every Christmas morning. Really easy and taste wonderful. BTW, welcome to DC, CAPerez!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom