ISO information on African Yellow Beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Harborwitch

Sous Chef
When we were getting our ingredients together for our Ethiopian dinner I found these beans in an African/Caribbean grocery store. The owner just told me they were creamy and fantastic.

That helps a lot! Anyone have any experience with these - they're sitting on my desk driving me crazy! I'd love to fix them but haven't a clue.:(:D

Harborwitch, Sorry don't know anything about yellow beans, but my advice is make a curry with three or so beans including the yellow beans and see how it turns out.I like to mix beans of different colours when cooking beans. Try it out and let us know.

Thank you all. Jikoni I will try that, and that bean recipe looks really good. Bob suggested that we just go back to the store and ask her how she fixes them.

Jean I can grab you some beans the next time we're in there. Or we can all go check the place out on your next visit here - it's not far from the house.

"Or we can all go check the place out on your next visit here - it's not far from the house." I choose this idea!!! :)

Shoot, I was sure Jikoni would be able to give you great ideas when she saw this post....

We'll plan a visit! Just don't let her sell you the African soap unless you like the smell of patchouli! :sick: We gifted a friend with that - he loves patchouli and especially likes to wear it when he's around me cause he knows I hate it!

Maybe we could pick the owner's brains and come home and cook an amazing meal???:chef::chef::chef:

Back
Top Bottom