ISO Mexican recipes for Cinco De Mayo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Not just in the Southwest. In California, there are huge celebrations as well. When I was still in San Jose, the celebrations downtown took a bad turn when shop windows were all broken out. They started an alcohol ban the next year.

And even here in the Washington state....well, let's just say that you really don't want to go to a Taco Bell on May 5th. I was 30 minutes in the drive thru. But I didn't have anything better to do anyway. :LOL:
Like I said above, it's just another excuse for overaged adolescent Americans to eat and drink alcohol to excess.

You're right, I missed the point. Don't have enough info to catch it.

The point is there are no authentic Mexican recipes for celebrating Cinco de Mayo because authentic Mexicans do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo!

Like I said, if you want authentic Mexican recipes, check out the Rick Bayless sites. He makes authentic Mexican food. Even though he and his, 6 I believe, restaurants are in Chicago, he travels extensively in all different areas of Mexico expressly for the purpose of obtaining new, authentic recipes.

The point is there are no authentic Mexican recipes for celebrating Cinco de Mayo because authentic Mexicans do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo!

Other people have a different view of it. If people want to use a Mexican historical date as a reason to learn more about another culture's food, what's it to you? There's no need to stereotype everyone that way.

What is an authentic Mexican? Before or after the Spanish and French? If before, then maybe Andrew Zimmern might find it palatable.:angel::ROFLMAO:

Chiles en nogada is popular in Puebla for Independance day and Cinco de Mayo.

I had a chance to cook with this lady a few months back.

This is the full version.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GGAczT7mBRw

This is a quick more simple version https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=73A3Jx63s7U&feature=youtu.be

Those are beautiful. They're usually only served in Mexico in September and October (at least where we go), to celebrate Mexican Independence Day. We're not in Mexico then, so I haven't tried them yet, but have been coveting them.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom