ISO perogi with cottage cheese filling recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

geri

Assistant Cook
Hello Iam new to this signt and looking forward to getting to know all of you.

Would anyone have a receipe for Pierogi filled with a cottage cheese filling.I had them as a youngster and would like to make them.

I appreciate any help I may receive.

Receipes

Hello Esther,
Thank you for letting me know about the Pierogi receipes that you found
I sure appreciate your help.
It was so good to hear from you.

Have a great day and again thank you
Geri

I don't know if you have gotten your recipe for a cottage cheese filling but I have one that came from my mother-inlaw. It is an old one;
1 pkg. of dry cottage cheese
dash of cinnamon
pinch of salt
2 or 3 eggs
Mix together and put in your dough that has been cut to size.
About a tsp if using the regular size.
In our family we cut large ones, that way you get more filling then dough.
Hope that helps Grandma Rose

Also - mixing cottage/cream cheese with mashed potatoes is a great (and traditional, its called Pierogi Ruskie) filling.

I make Polish farmers cheese as made by my Polish Grandma, I bring full fat cows or goats milk to the boil squeeze in lemon juice, stir take off the heat, drain off the whey then put the curds into my muslin strainer for 24 hrs.

I also make farmer's cheese but i do not boil the milk, I only hit it up. And sometimes I use yougurt instead of lemon juice, taste more naturl to me.

As far as why it wouldn't be there are actually a lot of reasons why. Main one there is no kosher supervision. But otherwise there are a lot kosher yogurts on the market. As the matter of fact probaly half of them are.

I would really like a nice recipe for sauerkraut filling. We make sauerkraut and I make perogies (potato-bacon-cheese), but I'd like a nice filling using sauerkraut.

I would really like a nice recipe for sauerkraut filling. We make sauerkraut and I make perogies (potato-bacon-cheese), but I'd like a nice filling using sauerkraut.

A real quick, not flippant answer is to make some sourkraut, or use it from a package and modify just like you would normally eat it. Rinse or not rinse as you like, etc. Use exactly what you like in the vereneky (perogie) and you got it. You just don't want it swimming in liquid because it has to stay inside the dumpling after all. :ermm:

Serbiankraut, you will need a big plastic bucket with a lid, put salt on the bottom then a hard white cabbage and some dried corn, more salt, repeat till 3/4 full, put a board with weights ontop then close the lid, leave outside through 3 cold winter months.

I make saurkraut filling and a potato, cheese using cottage cheese.

When I make kapusta I will use that for a filling also

my saurkraut filling is just saute onions ,black pepper, garlic, add saurkraut and add sour cream till all is blended well, I don't add salt till the end as saurkraut is salty, so taste first

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom