ISO Sauce Recipes for Spring Rolls

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

chubbs

Cook
Here is what I plan to make for the spring rolls.I need help with amounts.Ill be using 22cm/8.6" Banh trang skins.Need enough to serve 2 people,almost 3.
Spinach
Kale lacinato
Watercress
Black beans &/or baby lima beans(green)
Black/forbidden rice
Traditional/gold quinoa
Yucca root,its very similar to potato
Ginger
Garlic
Yellow onion
Chicken breast
Cayenne pepper
Rosemary

Idk if any of these added will make it better,or make it awful:
Thyme
Turmeric
Cumin
Paprika
Chinese 5 spice
I have a few ideas for a dipping sauce,but still debating.
Soy sauce,fish sauce,oyster sauce,Tiny dab of dave's original hot sauce & a few drops of sesame seed oil.I got kikkoman orig,lee kum kee orig & double ferm,& san-j shoyu soy.Thai fish sauce & haven't got oyster yet.Lee kum kee $7 & dynasty $2 are only two I can find.
I thought of making the sauce or just buying prepared guacamole or some kind of pesto.

Last edited:
Guac could be awesome!
I think the sauce you described sounds a little much though, I'd probably either nix the soy/oyster combo or nix the fish sauce but I wouldn't combine the three. That's just me though. I'm not sure how acidic the Dave's sauce is but I think it sounds like the sauce could use some acidity to cut through the heavy fried rolls, and me I'd choose lime juice and balance it with sugar. Ground peanuts might make the sauce good too but that's iffy with some of the filling, namely the rosemary. If you add cumin, I'd think about balancing it with a sweet spice otherwise it might not play well with the others. Thyme doesn't sound good, turmeric is almost flavorless but it'll make everything yellow, paprika could be good but I'd use it to season the chicken instead of the dish and C5S would work but be careful with it!

Last edited:
Here's some traditional dipping sauce recipes:

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]4 Tbs chili oil [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2 tsp white vinegar [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]4 Tbs soy sauce[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Mix together in bowl and serve[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]4 tbs Soy sauce[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2 tbs Peanut butter [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1 tbs Honey [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2 tsp White vinegar [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1/8 tsp Garlic powder [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2 tsp Sesame oil [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1/8 tsp hot sauce [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1/8 tsp Pepper [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Whisk all ingredients together in bowl until combined and serve [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]2 cups soy sauce
2 cups sugar
1/2 cup rice wine
3/4 tsp minced garlic [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]Bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes. Add juice and zest of 1 lemon. Cool and serve.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1/4 cup white vinegar[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1/4 cup soy sauce[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, sans-serif]1/4 cup tomato ketchup[/FONT]
Whisk ingredients together in bowl until combined and serve

Sir Loin of Beef has given you some great sauces. To those I will add a sauce that is so simple and tasty, that it's ridiculous. Combine 4 oz. Ketchup with 1 tsp. powdered mustard, and 1/8 tsp. wasabi powder. Stir and let sit.

More complex dipping sauce - Pineaqpple Sweet & Sour Sauce:
2 cups chicken broth
2 pinches 5-spice powder
1 tsp. granulated onion powder
1/2 tsp. granulated garlic powder
3 tbs. Kikoman Soy Sauce
3/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup vinegar
12 oz. chuck pineapple with can juice.
Cornstarch slurry

Bring the first 8 ingredients to a slow boil over medium heat. Adjust the amount of brown sugar and vinegar until the sauce has just the right profile for you. Thicken with the cornstarch slurry. Let cool and serve.

That sweet and sour sauce can be modified by using lemon and white sugar instead of pineapple and brown sugar. Or you can make it apricot, plumb, or peach based. You can change it just about any way you want. Be creative. Add a llittle chopped green pepper, or your favorite hot pepper.

Seeeeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Buonasera, Good Evening,

The Vet and my daughters on occasion enjoy:

Mirin
Sake
Dark Soy
A pinch of Sugar
Fresh Peach or Orange purée
Grated ginger fresh and grated scallion

*** Reduction ... and served with:

A Little Wasabi ...

Have nice August.
Margi.

Last edited:
Sweet Thai Chili Sauce
Cilantro
Ginger
Mirin
Fish sauce

Mix to taste, typically about equal parts Sweet Thai to Mirin(sauce should be loose), must have fish sauce, it adds so much depth and great flavor. The Ginger and Cilantro, I leave coarse as it's refreshing to get a little nibble of each in the dip.

If you want heat, please don't use an American, vinegar based sauce, get a little $3 jar of sambal, SO MUCH BETTER, and it provides that clean, intense flavorful heat that "hot sauce" lacks. . . .even some siracha would work better than hot sauce, imo.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom