Japanese cuisine

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nicklord1

Senior Cook
Hi i was wondering if there was a book which explained the ins and out of japanese cuisine to a novice , as i would like to explore this cuisine .

Thank you

I have one called "Japanese Cooking" by Emi Kazuko. The publisher is Hermes House. I found it at Borders, but I'll bet you can find it on Amazon.
It gives some history, a farily detailed description of tools and techniques, ingredients, usage, and of course, recipes. I love it.
I'm sure there are others, though. That's just the one I have.

From one who spends half my life in a Barnes & Noble and the other half in a kitchen (not really, but it seems like it!) - I recommend:

Quick & Easy Japanese Cuisine for Everyone - Yukiko Moriyama
Copyright 2002 $US 11.95 120 pages
Full color glossy photos with step-by-step instructions of typical Japanese fare, and very educational information about useful kitchen skills - knife skills, choosing Japanese utensils, cooking charts for all manners of rice, typical Japanese ingedient reference, etc.
Excellent for beginners and intermediate cooks.

Amazon.com: Quick & Easy Japanese Cuisine for Everyone (9784889960938): Yukiko Moriyama: Books

I use this one and a companion book on Chinese Cooking.

Japanese food is very nice. I'm still learning. So far have only learned sushi and teriyaki chicken. Hope to make vegetable tempura and yakitori. Thanks for recommending the books.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom