Khichuri, a popular dish in monsoon
Khichuri is very popular in rainy season. here is my khichuri recipe:
* 250 gms. Basmati rice or Scented rice
* 250 gms. mung dal (lentil)
* 150 gms boiled vegetables (potato, cauliflower, beans, tomato etc.)
* 2 tablespoon mustard oil
* 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
* 1-2 bay leaf
* 2-3 red dry chili
* 2 teaspoon ginger paste
* 1 teaspoon turmeric powder
* 1 teaspoon cumin powder
* 1 teaspoon coriander powder
* Salt & sugar according to taste
1. Wash rice & dal in two different pan.
2. Boil the rice .
3. When rice becomes half cooked then add the dal.
4. Now rice & dal are prepared, and keep aside.
5. Heat the oil in a pan & add cumin seeds, red dry chili, bay leaf,
6. Then add ginger paste.
7. Add the boiled vegetables & sauté with this spices.
8. Mix this mixture with rice-dal preparation, also add turmeric, cumin, coriander powder.
9. Add salt & sugar according to taste.
10. Kichuri is prepared. Serve it hot.