Korean food questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
For Korean food, understanding the common ingredients is important. Some common ingredients are: red pepper paste/powder, garlic, ginger, vinegar, sesame seeds/oil, ginseng, pear, mustard, soy sauce, miso paste, chungju (sake), yooksu (beef stock), jujubees, [SIZE=-1]glutinous rice, anchovies, and a whole bunch of pickled stuff including a variety of pickled seafood. (Can't think of anything more)

Knowing those ingredients and having some of the important ones in bold in your kitchen will help you get started. Whenever you see a Korean recipe, I bet you're going to need above common ingredients. Take a look at some of my Korean recipes in my blog link below for a quick review.
[/SIZE]

How about Japchae, it's very delicious. I love it so much.

Ingredients:
Noodle: Dried noodle made of sweet potato starch
Meat: small amount of meat of your choice.
Vegetables: Carrots, onion, spinach Shitake mushrooms

Instructions:
1. Cut and soak noodles in water until they are flexible for about 30 mins.
2. Clean and cut vegetables and slice them thinly, about 2.5inches in length.
3. Cut meat in small strips as wel and marinate. For 100g of meat, use 1tbsp of soysauce, 2 clove garlic crushed, half tbsp sugar, little bit of sesame oil, 2tbsp green onion chopped
4. Boil noodles until soft and drain and rinse with cold water.
5. In a skillet, stir fry each vegetable with a dash of salt. It looks nicer if you cook each veggie separately.
6. Stir fry meat.
7. Stir fry the cooked noodles in oil with a little bit of soy sauce for color.
8. In a large bowl, toss the veggies, meat and noodles with sesame oil, sugar, crushed garlic to taste. For a 4 serving amount use 1tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp sugar, 3 cloves of garlic.

Pickle is one aspect of Korean food. Just one of the fascinating bundle.

Back
Top Bottom