Loin of eiderdown

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kasia

Senior Cook

Ingredients:
- 0.5 kilograms of boneless loin, about 17.63 oz
- 0.4 kilograms of mushrooms, about 14.10 oz
- 0.4 kilograms of cheese
- 1 small onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons oil
- seasoning: salt, pepper herb, oregano, basil
Preparation:
Cut the loin into slices and to pitched gently. Then sprinkle it on both sides with seasoning and put away for about 1 hour so the meat became aromatic. Cut the onion in small pieces and fry it in butter to a golden color. Peel and cut the mushrooms into slices and add to fried onions. Stew everything together. Then spread sheet of metal with oil and arrange the prepared pieces of loin on it. Insert this meat to heated oven to 356 degrees F and bake about 15 minutes. From time to time rotate the meat on the other side. After 15 minutes remove the meat from the oven and put stewed mushrooms on it. Then put slices of cheese on these mushrooms. Put it all together once again to the oven and bake about 15 minutes at 302 degrees F.

302 Fahrenheit = 150 Celcius
356 F = 180 C

www.foodfrompoland.blogspot.com

This looks absolutely yummy! I do have a few questions:

1. What kind of loin is used? The picture makes it look like pork, but I don't want to assume.
2. What kind of cheese do you use?
3. Is this a stand-alone dish or do you serve it with other things? If you serve it with other things, I'd love to know what you make to go with it.

~Kathleen

Eider is a duck...was wondering about the cheese myself.

Answers

and my response:

1. It should be pork loin
2. hard cheese
3. You can serve with potatos or chips and with other salad

Fooled me! Here, an eider is a pretty white and black duck.
250px-Bristol.zoo.common.eider.arp.jpg

Is the recipe named for the duck feathers?

Kasia, I'm rarely motivated by pictures, but your pictures made me think this is something I have to try. Thanks for the clarification!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom