Masala Chicken from Hairy Dieters cook book

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gravy Queen

Head Chef
image-2536917024.jpg

Tis is a fab recipe from the Hairy Bikers who have recently lost weight and launched a diet cookbook of the recipes they used . Scrumptious .

Meant to add that it's served with a minted yogurt using fat free yog . We had this with salad.
now that is right up my street groggy quince! is it skinless chook like the piri piri chook i did recently?could you post the recipe hun?is it on line?what's the reddish colour from...the cooking or paprika etc etc?who drove the gettaway car?where were you on the night of the twenty seventh?!!!

Attachments

• PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 011.JPG
    PIRI PIRI CHICKEN 011.JPG
    90.8 KB · Views: 236
Last edited:
Slingyourhook - I will post the receep - it's a spice mix mixed with yogurt which the chicken is then marinated in . The red comes from Chillie and paprika .

I got the chicken from Costco -£6 for a good size free range one . Surprised that all the gizzards were inside and not in a bag - never had a chick like that ! Had fun getting all out, then took the skin off and spatchcocked it . Lovely .

Slingyourhook - I will post the receep - it's a spice mix mixed with yogurt which the chicken is then marinated in . The red comes from Chillie and paprika .

I got the chicken from Costco -£6 for a good size free range one . Surprised that all the gizzards were inside and not in a bag - never had a chick like that ! Had fun getting all out, then took the skin off and spatchcocked it . Lovely .
wonderful grumbling quote....thanks for posting defo going to try this one & your piccie is brill....they say you eat with your eyes first & that sure made me hungry....well done hun
costco is boss 'innit?super fresh meat...surprised it didn't have a pulse too knowing them:LOL:!!

Last edited:
That recipe looks yummy. Do I really have to take the skin off?
personally i like to take the skin off all of my marinaded chicken dishes....as well as the calorie/fat reduction aspect i find it lets the flavour get into the meat plus it's easier to get the charred bits on skinless.but as i say in all my receeps....your food,your choice matey;)!!

personally i like to take the skin off all of my marinaded chicken dishes....as well as the calorie/fat reduction aspect i find it lets the flavour get into the meat plus it's easier to get the charred bits on skinless.but as i say in all my receeps....your food,your choice matey;)!!

Yes I do agree and I often take the skin off especially with marinades . I do find its a little bit drier then though . This one really did needed the minted sauce too I think .

Gotcha, like for tandoori chicken.

Yes, it certainly would get more flavour in the meat rather than just on the skin..good one :)

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom