Meat & Cheese Tortilla Pie

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
Here's a quick and easy dinner for two using leftover chicken or pork.

Meat & Cheese Tortilla Pie (for two)

• 1 can (10 ounces) green enchilada sauce
  • 6 corn tortillas (7 inches)
  • 2 cups coarsely shredded rotisserie chicken, (or) 2 cups of pulled pork
  • 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
  • Sm can of sliced ripe olives
  • Sm. can of chopped green chili’s

• Preheat oven to 375°. In a small skillet, warm enchilada sauce over medium heat. Dip three tortillas, one at a time, in sauce to coat both sides; arrange on bottom of a greased 9” deep round casserole, overlapping to fit.
  • Layer with half the chicken or pork mixed with chili’s and olives and sprinkle with half the cheese. Repeat dipped tortillas and meat layer. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over top. Sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
  • Bake 35 min.or until heated through and cheese is melted. Top with chopped cilantro, diced tomato and sour cream if desired. Lime wedges on the side.

That sounds really good, and it's something DH could make while I'm recovering from surgery; we have a couple pints of smoked pulled pork in the freezer from a couple weeks ago. Some tomato-corn-avocado salsa would be a delicious side for this. Thanks for posting.

And I just remembered I have a half pint of tomatillo salsa I canned last year. I could use that in place of the green enchilada sauce [emoji2]

You're all set GG!! I forget what kind of surgery you're having, and when? Sure, this will be perfect for hubby to put together! I just remembered you don't like olives..black beans would be good in it too.

You're all set GG!! I forget what kind of surgery you're having, and when? Sure, this will be perfect for hubby to put together! I just remembered you don't like olives..black beans would be good in it too.

I'm having my right hip replaced, this Wednesday, July 31, 6 am. I'm honestly looking forward to it. I fell tonight, but luckily no injuries. Can't wait to get this over with. Thanks again :wub:

Oh no, GG....thank goodness you're OK! Best wishes for a quick recovery from your surgery. Will be thinking of you with healing thoughts.

Kay, that tortilla pie sounds so good. Thanks for sharing your recipe! I have everything on hand to make it....except the cilantro, but I need to go to the store anyway.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom