Mexican Casserole Recipe?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IcyMist

Sous Chef
A lady at work made a wonderful mexican casserole that had beans, bell pepper, tomato sauce, mushrooms, rice, onions, ground beef, chicken and various spices. She said that it is a family secret recipe that she cannot share, but I did get to taste it and it was pure mexican ambrosia. Wasn't pepper hot, so was right up my alley. The aroma permeated throughout the office and I wasn't the only one drooling. Anybody know of such a recipe that would be willing to share? I haven't a clue where to even start recreating a recipe that all I have done is get one small bite.

May have been other ingredients, but that is all I recognized.

Hopefully someone will have the recipe for you. I think that if you browned the ground beef and cooked the chicken, then added the other ingredients you listed, then added enchilada sauce (I would use it instead of the tomato sauce, or I would use tomatoes instead of either, then add spices) and baked it with cheese on top, it would be good. It definitely sounds like an interesting mixture of flavors.

:) Barbara

IcyMist,

that really burns me up when someone does that. I will share anything I have...except my DH ...LOL. ( I did offer him to the Navy Recruters awhile back but all they did was laugh..)
Dove

Dove said:
IcyMist,

that really burns me up when someone does that. I will share anything I have...except my DH ...LOL. ( I did offer him to the Navy Recruters awhile back but all they did was laugh..)
Dove

I've just never understood the " I can't share a recipe" idea.
It's silly.:rolleyes:

That gripes me too!!! Unless they are going to "sell" the recipe and have it mass-produced why would you not want your wonderful recipe to passed around and enjoyed by everyone?

If I were you I would google Mexican Casserole and look around and see if something comes close - you may have to combine several to get what you want.

Back
Top Bottom