Mexican Restaurant

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
We just got a new Mexican Restaurant in town , Hubby picked up a menu for take out. I have only eaten at about 5 differant ones. I like everything made w/grnd. beef, this rest. on all their dinners offer choice of meat as chicken, ham, shrimp, mexican sausage, beef tongue, beef head, deep fried pork, marinated pork loin, and beef steak ! No ground beef -- is this common? I love my taco's with grnd. beef !! Just curious ! It is not a chain, says real home style.

Agreed- I think it is more of a "gringo" thing.
A lot of authentic places also dont cover everything with cheese either, or sour cream. I would ask them if they have something with ground beef. You could get vegetarian and add your own ground taco meat. Personally I think we as Americans eat enough ground beef- save it for home made taco night and live a little.

Barb L. said:
Guess I'll ty somethng new, thanks for reply !
Barb,
I love tacos, but ground beef no..I don't even eat hamburgers, but try a taco with shredded beef or carnitas, (oven roasted or spit grilled pork, shredded) fish or shrimp, even chicken tacos are really tasty..You might be surprised at the flavor..

kadesma;)

Barb L. said:
We just got a new Mexican Restaurant in town , Hubby picked up a menu for take out. I have only eaten at about 5 differant ones. I like everything made w/grnd. beef, this rest. on all their dinners offer choice of meat as chicken, ham, shrimp, mexican sausage, beef tongue, beef head, deep fried pork, marinated pork loin, and beef steak ! No ground beef -- is this common? I love my taco's with grnd. beef !! Just curious ! It is not a chain, says real home style.
Hubby picked up a menu for take out. I have only eaten at about 5 differant ones.
Five different other Mexican restaurants or five items off this menu?

I have no way to assess the quality of the food from your new restaurant, but the variety would absolutely tempt me to try it out.
Arturo's in Hemet Ca. is my all time favorite neighborhood Mexican restaurant.
As I remember, about a decade ago, a restaurant, far away and completely unrelated, was accused by a patron who claimed to have discovered an uncooked frog in her taco. Her claims for damages were, last I heard, authoritively denied.
Shortly after the fraudulent slander was first salaciously publicized, Arturo put a frog legs dish on the Friday(?) night special menu and it was absolutely terrific.

Last edited:
skilletlicker said:
Shortly after the fraudulent slander was first salaciously publicized, Arturo put a frog legs dish on the Friday(?) night special menu and it was absolutely terrific.

hahahahahahaha - what a great idea!

As others have said, tacos are really made with real sliced or minced cooked meat, not hamburger--well spiced and cooked. Try it, you'll like it!!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom