Mole Sauce - Quick and Easy, but Authentic

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

smoothseas

Senior Cook
*waves hello*

Dang, I almost wished I hadn’t stumbled across this forum. I just know that I’m gonna spend way too much time here.

Anyway, I have a quick question that I’m hoping for help with. I’m hunting for a mole recipe that’s quick and easy but tastes like you spent two days making it. Or, is that an impossible dream?

Tia for any and all suggestions.

hate to say it, but I think it is an impossible dream...unless you open a jar...or it is guacamole. I know you can buy some really nice pre-made ones online.

hard to duplicate the depth and layers of flavor of a good, long simmered mole and all of its components in a few minutes, but that is just my opinion, so don't be discouraged.

Let s know if you come up with anything,

hate to say it, but I think it is an impossible dream...unless you open a jar...or it is guacamole. I know you can buy some really nice pre-made ones online.

hard to duplicate the depth and layers of flavor of a good, long simmered mole and all of its components in a few minutes, but that is just my opinion, so don't be discouraged.

Let s know if you come up with anything,

I know. I’ve bought the paste in a jar, thinned it down with stock, but it still needs that *extra* something to perk it up. I’ve tried grating some dark chocolate into and it did help, but…

Guess I was kinda hopin’ that some aubelita with a day job would drop by and offer some hints.

I got this from Sunset Magazine several years ago. It's quite good, especially considering how little time it takes.
Quick Chicken Mole

Well, hot dang, color me happy!!! My tummy is already going *num num* I now know what I fixin' for dinner tomorrow.

Should make the other member of our household very happy, too, since he could live on arroz con pollo. He likes to think that he's culinary inquisitive, but *ssshhh* he's actually got a rather pedestrian palate.

The one thing I am curious about is a banana in the ingredients? Probably woulda never thought of that myself.

Thanks so much for ferreting this out and typing in up.

Sorry, I had to remove Scotch's recipe from Sunset Magazine due to our Copyright Policy. If anyone would like the recipe please contact Scotch, or ask any Moderator, and they can send it via Private Message.

I wasn't clear. The ORIGINAL recipe was from Sunset, but what I posted had several modifications that I made.

Isn't it permissible to post such a recipe?

Or is it preferable just not to mention the source?

Please clarify.

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom