My Easy Matzoball Soup

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Souschef

Sous Chef
[FONT=&quot]My Easy Matzo Ball Soup[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]
[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ingredients [/FONT]

• [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] pkg. Manischewitz matzo ball soup mix[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]10 cups (2 ½ quarts) cold water into a 4 quart pot[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]8[/FONT][FONT=&quot] oz carrots, sliced thin or diced[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] cup diced celery with leaves[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]4 oz. mushrooms ,sliced[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]1[/FONT][FONT=&quot] large white onion, diced[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3[/FONT][FONT=&quot] cloves garlic, minced[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2[/FONT][FONT=&quot] large eggs[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]2 tsp Better Than Bullion chicken bullion[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]3[/FONT][FONT=&quot] tbsp. oil (avocado or EVOO work great)[/FONT]
  • [FONT=&quot]salt and freshly ground black pepper[/FONT][FONT=&quot] to taste[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Instructions[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Make matzo balls per box instructions. (Gently whisk 2 eggs with 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl. Add contents of the matzo meal mix pouch to eggs and oil and mix thoroughly. Refrigerate for at least 15 minutes.)[/FONT]​
[FONT=&quot]Chop, dice and mince your vegetables. In a skillet, drizzle approx. 1 tablespoon of olive oil over onions, carrots, mushrooms and celery, and stir. Add 1-2 cranks of freshly ground black pepper and a pinch of salt and sauté on medium-high until veggies appear translucent, stirring occasionally. Towards the end add the garlic so it does not burn and sauté for an additional minute. Once your veggies are sautéed and translucent, add to the soup pot. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot] Bring the pot of water to a boil. Add 2 tsp of chicken bouillon to the boiling water to make a broth along with the seasoning packet provided with the matzo ball mix. The strength of the broth is totally up to you.
[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Remove the bowl of matzo ball mix from the fridge and roll into approx. 10 small balls (we used a meatball maker). Gently add the balls into the boiling water, cover, and reduce to low. Set your timer and simmer for at least 20 minutes.[/FONT]​

[FONT=&quot] For final seasoning, start with a crank of freshly ground black pepper, then a sprinkle or two of fresh parsley, but you can also add seasonings of your choice. As the soup simmers away, the flavors continue to develop further and intensify to perfection. It's also fabulous the next day![/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Ladle the soup into large flat bowls; it serves two to three generously with leftovers.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The next time I will add 1 cup of boneless cubed chicken breast to the broth for the ULTIMATE Jewish Penicillin Soup. [/FONT]

Attachments

• matzo.jpg
    matzo.jpg
    9.7 KB · Views: 335
  • P9190075.jpg
    P9190075.jpg
    57.7 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
I made this soup! It is delicious! I made it as written except I added a bit of dill to the broth along with a handful of leftover frozen noodles and the suggested bit of cubed chicken breast. Warm, yummy and comfort for the soul. Thank you for posting this! It's a keeper!

Attachments

• 2020-10-04 18.20.13.jpg
    2020-10-04 18.20.13.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 64
Back
Top Bottom