My New Italian Mentor and Adopted Nonna

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skilletlicker

Head Chef
Discovered this adorable lady in the wee hours this morning. What I love about this is the simplicity of her cooking. I think Bastianich and Batali would both approve. Her polenta is exactly like Southern grits made with coarsely ground yellow corn. Only difference; Because I'm inherently lazy I cook grits in a double boiler which takes a little longer but doesn't require constant stirring.

There are about 75 videos on her channel. I plan to watch most of them. Here's the one I discovered this morning.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-95eDVLSkdY

A lovely presentation for polenta, which can be bland. This recipe looks very flavorful. Her sauce differs from mine in that Ialso add thyme, and rosemary. I also enjot the way she presents herself. Good video.

Seeeeya; Chief Longwind of the North

Only difference; Because I'm inherently lazy I cook grits in a double boiler which takes a little longer but doesn't require constant stirring.

I'm even lazier than you, because I do the no stir polenta in the oven. Never fails.

Loved her, and the video!

It's incredible!
I've seen Italians explaning english in italian, Americans explaining english in english, Italians explaing english in english and Americans in italian (so I have seen everything). I saw these video in order to understand a little more english since my start point was terrible.
But in my life I have never thought I would have watched a video where an aged woman (the classical italian grandma that you can't don't love) explaning how to cook in english. I must say that she knows english very well, better than me of course, but among these word pronunciated by her I can always notice her italian accent, and this is beautiful.
Thank you skilletlicher for sharing, now I'll watch some videos, there are subtitles that can help me.

Back
Top Bottom