Pickle Soup?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Hm. Pickle soup. Trying to wrap my head around that.

Let us know how it turns out!

I haven't made it, but I had it in a Polish restaurant outside Detroit. It was surprisingly good. I really love pickles and I thought it would be too sour, but I really liked it. DH grew up with it and was surprised I had never had it before. Thanks for the reminder - I'm going to make it soon :)

I had a Polish assistant who gave me a jar of her moms homemade pickle soup, and i tried making it once myself.

Definitely for the pickle lover ( and not anyone else)

Wasn't bad, glad I tried it, not sure Id make it again
( This coming from a guy who drinks the pickle juice after the pickles are gone)

I drink the pickle juice as well. It's good for preventing muscle cramps.
One of the kids on my Little League team, my catcher, used to cramp up on hot days a lot, and it really worked. His mom thought I was nuts until she saw it happen.

Of course, not being very bright, the kid went home and drank an entire jar before he puked.

I've never had dill pickle soup, but a Chinese restaurant near me makes a pickle soup. It's more like pickled julienned chinese veggies in chicken broth. I tried it once. Yuk.

Another pickle juice drinker here. I wish we could buy it bottled minus the pickles and ready to drink.

My problem is I drink all the juice before the pickles are gone.

I kinda alternate so the pickles stay submerged.

I especially do it during the summer months to kind of monitor the pickle brine to make sure the levels are correct , making minor changes until its just right.

I always start with a basic recipe, but tweaking throughout the process is always involved ( or at least thats my excuse for getting to the juice).

I make my pickle soup differently, but I suppose it is the same idea. I believe I have posted recipe here before. One thing I have to say as much ass I like pickle I would not touch this soup if pickles are just cut/diced, yuak. I grate pickle so by the time they are cooked you can barely if at all see them. also one cannot use pickles made with vinegar, brrrrr....

I kinda alternate so the pickles stay submerged.

I especially do it during the summer months to kind of monitor the pickle brine to make sure the levels are correct , making minor changes until its just right.

I always start with a basic recipe, but tweaking throughout the process is always involved ( or at least thats my excuse for getting to the juice).

We have another drinker of pickle juice folks! Yea!

I'm amazed by those who drink pickle juice!!

I'm a salt and vinegar lover but the only time I drank pickle juice, my feet and legs blew up like an elephant!! I never did it again.

Back
Top Bottom