Pyzy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Termy

Senior Cook
I already kinda now how to make this, but I am not the greatest at expression and I do what I want. Therefore I will give you the version from polishcooking.com, but I will write it out, not just copy it and paste it. This should avoid any issues.

I will, however paste the ingredients list;

• Filling:
  • 1/2 lb / 250 g of pork (I like shoulder)
  • 1/2 lb / 250 g of beef (I use stew beef)
  • 1/2 tsp of salt
  • 1/2 tsp of pepper
  • 1/2 tsp of onion powder
  • 2 small cloves of garlic
  • Oil of sautéing
  • 1/2 of a large onion, chopped
  • 1 tbs of butter/oil
  • 1/2 c of chicken, beef or vegetable broth
  • 1/4 tsp of salt
  • 1/8 tsp of pepper
  • 1/2 tbs of marjoram
  • 2 cloves of garlic
  • Dumplings:
  • 2 lbs / 1 kg of boiled potatoes
  • 1 lb / 500 g of raw potatoes
  • 1 egg
  • 1/4 of an onion
  • A pinch of salt
  • 3/4 c of potato flour
  • 3/4 c of all purpose flour
They then instruct to make the meat stuff pretty much how you expect, except the onion, they want that separated and sauteed on its own. Then the meat stuff goes in the grinder.

Once out of there it gets mixed with the
onion, salt, pepper, garlic and marjoram. Keep it warm.

Then the shell part. Boil two pounds of potatoes. Take another pound, along with ¼ onion and some water, blend chop or puree that. Drain in a cloth, twisting it and all that to squeeze out the Dihydrogen Monoxide. (< water)

They then start telling how to make the thing and get the stuffing nice and "i". I think any one of us can figure that out.

There is a Polish place near enough, they make it and I have had it. They make them too small, if the were going to do that they should make the dumpling part , but instead they made the meat in the middle about like a ... not even the size of a peach pit... maybe. I may have unxaggerated there.

Anyway, making them more normal size, I see potential for many different fillings. Actually I see perogi the same way. Not right o the bat but we have made them a few times and once they are going along I starts gettin' ideas.

Now I see that these things can handle meat like perogi can't. Think of all the debauchery we can do !

I hope the Poles don't take offense. They are the last people you want to mess with. Why ? Are they bad to the bone ? All this powerful and whatever ?

No. Because they are nice. That country has been attacked to death almost but they still got it and they attribute that to faith, and they forgive.

T

Back
Top Bottom