Quesadillas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cocinero

Assistant Cook
For some quick great Mexican flavors Quesadillas are really simple and quick to prepare.

1 package flour tortillas or homemade
2 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
2- 4 ounce cans chopped Ortega chiles
1 cup pitted sliced black olives
Cooking oil
1 comal, cast iron frying pan or griddle

Heat the comal, cast iron frying pan or griddle and rub a light coat of cooking oil on the surface. Place some of the grated cheese across the lower half of the flour tortilla and then spoon some chopped green chiles over the cheese. Finish by topping with some sliced black olives. Fold the top half over the bottom half and place on the hot comal.
Cook until the tortilla takes on a golden to brown color. Careful not to burn. Remove to a board and cut in thirds (pie shapes) and serve with your favorite salsa.

After you make the first few, you can make tons of these and they are great for parties!

If you like a little more chile heat, please use canned chopped chiles jalapeños or serranos instead of the milder standard green chiles.

Bill Gibson
aficionado de la cocina mexicana

Last edited:
Bill:

Quesadillas are a favorite of ours. I like grilled chicken and guacamole on mine along with cheese, chopped green onions and some salsa or taco sauce.

Quesadillas-- Love them !! So many things you can do with them.
Been making them for a long time on my griddle. Made some for my parents one day at their house and They Loved them. My mother decided while done south visiting my sister she saw a Quesadillas maker and felt I needed one.- my first thought was Oh no another gadget that will sit in the cupboard. But I must admit- I love it.
grandson favorite is to put apple pie filling in it and when done sprinkle with confect. sugar.
dad loves - cheese -green chiles and choppped tomatoes
moms - cheese- onion - tomatoes - olives - shreddred chicken or pork
My is -cheese, chicken -avacado -tomatoes - and sometimes I add to that some cooked bacon (calfornia BLT)
Also good is scrabbled eggs and sauage or bacon (breakfast in a pocket)
another grandson favorite cheese pizza sauce and peperoni.
so many things to to with it.
With just to of us home and husband doesn't like tacos these are a way to get my urge for a taco taken care of.
Yummy

You can do them in the microwave at half power to just heat/melt the contents. Then top with shredded lettuc, chopped scallion, avocado, salsa, sour cream.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom