REC - Chicken With Cilantro (TNT)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SierraCook

Master Chef
The dish that college cook talked about in the other thread reminded me of this recipe that I have made. I use chicken breasts with this recipe and grill them on the grill.

Chicken with Cilantro

6 cilantro sprigs
1 tablespoon peppercorns
2 garlic cloves chopped
Juice of 1 lime
2 teaspoons fish sauce
4 large or 6 medium size chicken drumsticks or thighs

Using a pestle and mortar or small food processor, pound or mix together cilantro, peppercorns, garlic, lime juice, and fish sauce and set aside.

Using a sharp knife cut slashes in chicken. Spread spice mixture over chicken and cover and refrigerate for 2-3 hours, turning occasionally.

Preheat broiler. Broil chicken, basting a turning occasionally, about 10 minutes until golden and cooked through.

That sounds good. Can you taste the flavor of the marinade throughout the chicken after you broil it? I find some marinades only flavor the surface of the meat/poultry. Did you use a thick chicken breast or a chicken cutlet?

I used thicker chicken breasts, but I don't see any reason why cutlets could not be used. The slashes cut into the meat help with getting the marinade to infuse into the breasts. Make sure that you rub the marinade well into the slashes.

Back
Top Bottom