Restaurant green chili.How do you make it?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In pre-revolutionary New England and into the Revolutionary War, some pork cuts (not those highly valued, or "high on the hog," like loin and ham) were packed into casks or barrels (also known as "butts") for storage and shipment. The way the hog shoulder was cut in the Boston area became known in other regions as "Boston Butt." This name stuck and today, Boston butt is called that almost everywhere in the US,… except, so they say, in Boston.

Picasa Web Albums - Tim Abbott - Green Chili S...
GreenChiliSauce

I couldn't figure out how to add a photo, but the link is above.
If you don't mind a messy project, roast all the ingredients, then steam in a covered vessel. Remove the charred skins of the chilis. Squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves from the husks. Puree all the ingredients in a food processor & add the juice of 1 to 2 limes according to your taste & add some cilantro if you want. This a great base for chili verde or you can put it on fried potatoes, eggs, add it to soup, put it on sliced tomatoes, put it hamburgers, etc.

Tim Abbott

Last edited:

Tim Abbott

That's because you have to cheat to put Picasa pix into UBB code (I think that's the name of the code for forum posts). Find your Picasa pic and copy the URL of the photo, not the URL that Picasa provides when you click "Link to this Photo". (That works with regular HTML.) My browser is Google Chrome, so I right click on the picture and choose "Copy image URL". Then I use that with the picture icon in the message window. Looks like that's what you did, but pasted that URL that Picasa gave you.

IMG_9734.JPG

Picasa Web Albums - Tim Abbott - Green Chili S...

If you don't mind a messy project, roast all the ingredients, then steam in a covered vessel. Remove the charred skins of the chilis. Squeeze out the roasted garlic cloves from the husks. Puree all the ingredients in a food processor & add the juice of 1 to 2 limes according to your taste & add some cilantro if you want. This a great base for chili verde or you can put it on fried potatoes, eggs, add it to soup, put it on sliced tomatoes, put it hamburgers, etc.

Tim Abbott

Yum...will be giving that a shot! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom