Santorini Tomato Fritters (Tomatokefedes)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Kayelle

Chef Extraordinaire
This post I made at the dinner thread reminded me of the rest of our meal.
Tomatokeftedes

Quote:
As a matter of fact I impressed the Souschef on our wedding day by boning our freshly caught fish at the table of the charming little open air restaurant on a rocky beach in Santorini Greece. Oh, that picture perfect place was known only to the locals and I'll never forget it.
I found a picture in our files...The restaurant building itself was
made of beach rocks, and filled with families eating and playing Greek music and dancing.
Attached Thumbnails

Here's the rest of the story. I've made them several times over the last 12 years, and with our home grown dense tomatoes this year, it's time for them again....

https://www.dianekochilas.com/recipe-of-the-day-santorini-tomato-fritters/

Last edited:
I will be keeping an eye out for the perfect Roma's! They look and sound delish. Have copied the recipe! Thanks Kayelle,

and the beach restaurant looks a little chilly at the moment but with our hot humid weather now it sure looks perfect!

I will be keeping an eye out for the perfect Roma's! They look and sound delish. Have copied the recipe! Thanks Kayelle,

and the beach restaurant looks a little chilly at the moment but with our hot humid weather now it sure looks perfect!

Actually the picture was taken in November, and the temp was similar to home in the high 60's to low 70's in Nov. and never any humidity anytime.

Ventura county here brags that we have the climate of Greece. It's very rare to have humidity above 40%

Last edited:
Looks like a wonderful trip and I'm sure you have great memories.

Thanks RB. It was a fabulous trip and wedding. I found another picture inside the restaurant. If you or anyone would like to read the whole story it can be found here...listed in reverse order, the latest trip being on top.
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif]THereare stories[/FONT][FONT=Arial,Helvetica,sans-serif] of the trips we have taken, with the latest trip on top.
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Our Trip Stories

Back
Top Bottom