"South African" style pizza

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
We have thin base and pan pizza (thicker base) but most people here prefer it thin and crisp..

ha! ny style thin crust wins again.
take that chicago, with your unfoldable, deep dish pile of ingredients. that ain't no pizza. :)

and thank you, luca. i've had the arguement many times that baked pizza dough topped with a sauce, maybe herbs or even meat - but no mozz - is just a focaccia.

take that chicago, with your unfoldable, deep dish pile of ingredients. that ain't no pizza. :)

and thank you, luca. i've had the arguement many times that baked pizza dough topped with a sauce, maybe herbs or even meat - but no mozz - is just a focaccia.

Thank you! Cheers to that! 3 toppings max and no thick bases or cheddar ever!

I have to investigate more thoroughly on this subject.
We have a lot of "pizza/pane" ready to eat products, sold in shops (not restaurant style), I think literally hundreds of them, with different names, and different food with the same name... It's an ordeal!
I will try to understand the story behind all this beautiful and tasty mess! :ohmy:

Timothy said:
I'm sure somewhere in South Africa, there is a restaurant that serves perfectly made American food...or Brazilian food. Just like everywhere now. You don't have to travel to get authentic foods from other countries. You just have to find the right chef wherever you are.

I may not have to go out of country to find good world quisine, but I'd still have to drive a minimum of five hours to get it. :( Or find recipes, order the ingredients online and make it at home. :)

Has anyone ever seen the movie, The Shrimp on the Barbie, with Cheech Marin as a waiter working in a Mexican restaurant located in Sydney, Australia? Every cuisine is available in every civilized country. That's what makes the world go 'round.

Has anyone ever seen the movie, The Shrimp on the Barbie, with Cheech Marin as a waiter working in a Mexican restaurant located in Sydney, Australia? Every cuisine is available in every civilized country. That's what makes the world go 'round.

From the movie:

Carlos: Hey, do you mind if I use that stick?
Alex: What stick?
Carlos: The one that's up your butt!

I agree with you. In almost every country in the world, you can find authentic foods from any other country if you look hard enough. The bigger the city, the more likely it is that you'll find a real good restaurant that serves the dish you ate while in the country of it's origin.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom