TNT Szegedin recipe anyone?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
The wife says this is basically a type or another version of Hungarian Goulash and would like a recipe to try and make it.
We know it uses a little bit of tomato sauce, tomatoes, paprika and some sort of meat served over egg noodles.
I don't know if I am spelling it right as my Google search is returning some wild results LOL but no recipes.
Thanks in advance!

Its not TNT, but here is one. If you search for just segedin or segedin goulash you might have better luck. I think the spelling might be the issue for you.

This is one I'm not familiar with, but it sounds tasty to me.

Hey were did my response go?? LOL I must be loosing it...

To repost, I was saying that it was funny that the link had the same spelling as my post, but didn't come up in a direct search. However, searching with goulash added did help and return much better results, thanks! And thanks for the link.

Buddy, as my family is Jewish, the Hungarian recipes that they made did not include pork nor did they mix milk and meat. Later generations did not keep kosher, but the tnt Hungarian recipes that I have are going to be a bit different as we still tend not to mix milk and meat in our Hungarian recipes. However, I have a Hungarian neighbor and I have been a guest at their table and have Hungarian cookbooks. Like most dishes, each family may put their own spin on a dish. There are so many ways to make stuffed cabbage, for example. Some are vinegar based without tomato and some are sweet and sour, some are sweet...I have seen and read them all.
This is a traditional recipe for Sezeged Goulash:
Szeged Goulash (Szegediner Gluyas) recipe

One of the best sources for these recipes are Hungarian Church cookbooks, especially older ones that you may find at a second hand bookstore.

Enjoy!!!!

goulash

Hello!
As a Hungarian I would recommend u to try goulash soup aswell! Keywords for searching: goulash soup recipe/ gulyas leves recipe english

Goulash can be made of almost any kind of meat that we eat in Hungary. That are mostly: pork, lamb, beef, chicken. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom