Tofu Pad Thai

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maverick2272

Washing Up
This is the version DW and I make at home. You can use most any meat, but we like the taste of tofu or chicken the best. Just sub whichever one you prefer, but I would try with chicken if you don't like tofu.
I will include a picture so you have an idea of what the ingredients look like, as we get most of it from our Thai grocery store. Traditionally it also has bean sprouts in it, but we don't usually include them as they have a tendency to go bad before we can use them all up. If you want to include them, you add them at the end when you serve the dish, just place a few on top then mix in and eat.

2tbsp Pad Thai sauce
1tbsp Thai Chili oil
1/2 rice noodles (sometimes called rice sticks)
1 medium carrot shredded
2 eggs
3 squares fried tofu (or a couple of chicken breasts cooked and cubed)
2 lime quarters
2tbsp crushed peanuts (optional)

In large pot bring water to a boil and add in rice noodles. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes. While the rice noodles are cooking, take a large skillet and heat on high. Add in Thai Chili oil (this is just to coat the pan so nothing sticks, you can use olive oil, veggie oil, even a pat of butter if you like). Crack both eggs into pan and mix till it is similar to scrambled eggs. Let cook, flip, let cook until done then cut up into small rectangles. Add fried tofu, then Pad Thai sauce and stir for a minute. Reduce heat to medium. Time it so the rice noodles are finished cooking at this point. Drain them and quickly add to the skillet. Stir altogether and cook for a couple of minutes, then remove to a large bowl. Top with crushed peanuts, shredded carrot, and lime quarters. When ready to serve squeeze limes into bowl, mix altogether, and serve to individual bowls.

Pretty simplified, and since we like to mix it all together in a large bowl and just serve from there, it ends up similar to a noodle dish. When we have it in the restaurant, they only stir the noodles, sauce, egg, and tofu together, everything else is served on the side and you mix it together yourself.
Enjoy!

Attachments

• PadThai 001.jpg
    PadThai 001.jpg
    72.8 KB · Views: 165
Boy, that does sound good.
So this is what you have when you say panang?

Will try!
We go to Big Bowl restaurant alot, I always order it there.
I keep looking at Pad That recipes but haven't tried any yet.

:) If you want to heat it up a bit add a few thinly sliced Jalapenos in the noodles or on the side. Pad Thai is also really good cold the next day for lunch. I also adore the peanut sauce and noodles dish.
Thanks now I have my menu for tommorow nights dinner it I forgot about it for a long time it's also is really easy on the stomach.

:) If you want to heat it up a bit add a few thinly sliced Jalapenos in the noodles or on the side. Pad Thai is also really good cold the next day for lunch. I also adore the peanut sauce and noodles dish.
Thanks now I have my menu for tommorow nights dinner it I forgot about it for a long time it's also is really easy on the stomach.

Or just cook the tofu and egg in Thai Chili oil and add some Thai Chili paste to the Pad Thai sauce. I love to put red peppers in my Pad Thai when I have them on hand. I love jalapeños so I will have to try that suggestion next time around, thanks!

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom