Udon Noodle Recipes

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jstarr

Cook
I'm going to make Udon Noodles to accompany Miso Glazed Salmon. Can anyone provide me with a good recipe to make these noodles?

I'd like to incorporate a vegetable into the meal as well.

You might want to make a side soup along with the salmon rather than simply a noodle dish. You could always stir fry the veggies and noodles quickly and add a touch of sesame oil like jennyema suggested. Preserve the authenticity and eat with chopsticks :)

I've posted this recipe frequently here as it's one of our favorites - especially to accompany Asian-style salmon dishes. While I use ramen noodles, I'm sure udon noodles would work just as well.

BREEZY SESAME ZUCCHINI CARROT RAMEN NOODLES

1 small/medium zucchini
1 medium carrot
1 package Ramen noodle soup mix
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Aprox. 1 teaspoon (about 1”) peeled & grated fresh ginger
Crushed red pepper flakes to taste
Soy sauce to taste
Vegetable oil
Hot sesame oil (or regular, if desired)

Wash & trim zucchini; trim & peel carrot. Grate, shred, or julienne slice both.

Discard soup/seasoning packet from Ramen noodles (or save for another use). Cook noodles according to package directions & drain.

In a medium/large skillet, heat a thin coating of vegetable oil & sauté squash & carrot until just barely tender. Add ginger & garlic & stir a few times. Add drained noodles & combine gently. Add crushed red pepper flakes & soy sauce to taste & gently combine again. Serve with a drizzle of hot (or regular) sesame oil on top.

what I do is take a basic udon noodle soup, then add nappa cabage, bamboo shoots, snow peas, shitake mushrooms, scallions, tofu and a few veggie dumplings. Turns the soup into more of an asian pasta dish. Sometiems a squeeze a garlic, add a slice of ginger too. ( and an occasional spalsh of sesame oil)

Back
Top Bottom