Utimate stupidity - need help recreating Mexican menu

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I would need to find a convertor to help you with gallons Charlie. For me, 4 cups is equal to one litre. One pint is 625mL or thereabouts.

Imperial measures just aren't where my brain is!

Tell me about, after almost 18 years I still cannot get used to all this cups, spoons, pounds. The 1 kilo is 1 kilo simple as that.

JAckie, honey, help me out with the 5 gallons thing.

Yeap it is. I thought that Australia would be like 10 hours ahead or so.

Ok, lets get back to my nuimbers. People, pleeeeease help.

I would need to find a convertor to help you with gallons Charlie. For me, 4 cups is equal to one litre. One pint is 625mL or thereabouts.

Imperial measures just aren't where my brain is!
:)4 cups is 1 quart a litre is a bit bigger.

Tell me about, after almost 18 years I still cannot get used to all this cups, spoons, pounds. The 1 kilo is 1 kilo simple as that.

JAckie, honey, help me out with the 5 gallons thing.
:)Hang on give me a bit of time ,Mean while check the rice package it will tell you how much cooked rice you get from the dry rice remember it will be more after you add the extras to make it into spanish rice.
Heres the break down 16 TBL makes 1 cup,4 cups make 1 quart,4 quarts make 1 gallon

:)Correction on tomatoes Tomatoes figure about a Tbl spoon or more x 450=28.125 cups I was thinking 8 TBL per cup but its 16 Tbl per cup.16 cups equals 1 gallon.So you have 1 gallon plus 12 cups which works out to 1 and 3/4s gallons so I would make 2 gallons to be safe.Any one that can correct my fractions please do.

Last edited:
:)Come on people I know we have have people that cater here, a taco bar at a wedding is not that that unusual so give it up.

I have no clue how to proceed for cooking for a crowd. A quick google search turned up the following ( I am sure there are many more.)
The following is a website that may give you some insight on amounts.
Quantity Tex Mex and Fresh Salsa-- Ellen's Kitchen- Big Pots

The next one is about conversions.
Free Food Recipe Metric Conversion Tables and Measurements Charts

This one is about the #10 size can.
Online Conversion - # 10 can

I hope this will get you started. Good Luck!
I hope these links do not violate proper protocol here..
If so, I apologize.

So you arew 3 hours ahead of standard central time?

Hi, Charlie. There are some Australians and New Zealanders on a mailing list I'm on, so I put some clocks with various times on my PC desktop. Right now, it's 10:48 a.m. on the East Coast of the U.S., so it's 9:48 a.m. Central Time where you are; it's 2:48 a.m. Thursday morning in Sydney, Australia. They're 10 hours ahead of Greenwich Mean Time in London, which is 6 hours ahead of me (7 ahead of you), so Australia is 17 hours ahead of you. Weird, huh? :)

It's not weird. What's weird was that she said that we were only 3 hours a part ...

But I still need sugestions on my menu, please.

Boy I hate to add to the confusion but how much meat you get out of a pound of raw hamburger is going to differ with what % fat your meat has. I use 90% lean so I don't lose much, and 7 tacos / pounds sounds about right. But if you go with a 75% lean you are going to lose more uhhhhh.... bulk?

Shutting up now.

Back
Top Bottom