Vol Au Vent alpine ISO recipe

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

corazon

Executive Chef
Native New Mexican, now live in Bellingham, WA
When I was little, my favorite place was this Swiss bakery & restaurant. I'd always order a dish called vou le vont alpine or maybe voulez volant alpine(some spelling mistakes probably, but that was how it was pronounced). It was basically a tall puff pastry, stacked up like a tower. It was filled with mushrooms and sliced sausage in a creamy peppery white sauce. I can almost taste it. Sadly, the gal that owned moved back to Switzerland. I was too young at the time to wize up and ask the recipe. Tons of karma to anyone who can help me out with this recipe!!! I am begging for help!
Thanks very much!

:) Hang on Corazon , My New Mexico Girl,I know how to do this, but I had company tonight and Im a bit loopy, no a lot loopy.Will get to you tommorow.Its called vol-au-vent.I know this dish,I have made it many times but tonight I have had too many drinks to concentrate .You can can have many fillings for this, sweet or savory.I promise to get back tomorrow.

Last edited:
VOL AU VENT.jpgcorazon90, If they looked anything like these, then I have a few recipes for their fillings. I love them too, I however buy the crust. I have realised over time that for the fillings, the sky is the limit. Just make sure it's not runny.

:) Thank Jikoni and Grumblebee I was worried how I was going to explain this dish but you made it easy for me cause I dont type very fast.

My favorite vol au vent stuffing is as follows.
I heat up about a tbs of olive oil, , then add half a chopped onion, then two crushed garlics, then chopped parsley, then chopped mushrooms , then add half a glass of white wine, then let to simmer, then add chopped carrots and vegetable stock(same amount as wine)Simmer, then add four tbs of sour cream, then thicken with flour, add a few drizzles of tabaso, worshester sauce and then let to cool down, then spoon into the already prepared crusts, then put in the oven for 10 mins. :chef:

Back
Top Bottom