Weekend

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bennyboy65

Assistant Cook
HI all
i am home alone on saturday and need something to cook. im have no particular requests just i want something that is oriental.
I am quite good at cooking but i dnt know many recipes.
Please fire ahead as many different oriental recipes that you like.
Thanks guys :D

Hmm... home alone means a great day to experiment. You know there's a good lookin general tso's chicken recipy a posted here at the moment and I'll see if I can scrape up a few of my own after I get back from work.

The options are endless...Chinese, Vietnamse, Thai, Korean, Japanese, etc.

Personal Favs of mine (not necessarily stuff I make at home, but could given enough time and ingredients...)

Chinese: simple pea sprout stir fry (w/ garlic and oyster sauce) w/ rice and some sort of protein
Vietnamese: roasted pork w/ fresh noodles wrap
Thai: shrimp tom yom soup (spelling?) I've seen some rest. do it w/ noodles, but I prefer mine w/ no noodles
Korean: beef spare ribs w/ rice and all the trimmings (kim chee, spicy cucumber, big bean sprouts, etc) OR bulgolgi (sp?)
Japanese: sushi or teriyaki of some sort? (dont eat this much so maybe someone else has better ideas)

Let me know if you need recipes for any of this...

1/2Lb beef/pork thinly sliced(2"x1/2"X1/16") ,1Tb soy sauce,1clove garlic(pressed/grated),dash of tabasco,1/4Tb lime juice,marinate meat for 15 mn,coat with corn starch,fry in 2Tbs peanut oil for 2mn(wok/cast iron/black steel),poor in 1/3 cup water+Tb rice vinegar,cook till sauce thicken(1-2 mns),serve over steamed rice with chopped scallions & grated ginger as a topping.Mango slices doused in white(dry)wine as dessert.

Back
Top Bottom