What is sweet and sour "simmering" sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

magnoliasouth

Assistant Cook
I found a recipe online for a slow cooker sweet and sour chicken, but it calls for sweet and sour "simmering" sauce. What is that? Can I not just use regular sweet and sour sauce? I would post the link but this site won't let me (yet). :(

It's for a 3-ingredient recipe and because I'm going to be using it while traveling, I need to be sure that if I can't find the special simmering sauce that I can use something else.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Okay, magnoliasouth. I did my grocery shopping today and went to at least 6 different stores. Everything from Kroger to Wal-Mart and a few others. I checked all the Asian sections and NONE of them had anything labeled sweet-and-sour simmer(ing) sauce. Plenty of different brands of sweet-and-sour sauce and nothing in the 26-ounce size.

So there's my research. Go for it and make it with what's available. I see no reason why you shouldn't.

Oh my! Katie I sure hope you didn't go to that many stores just for me!

I myself have been to three looking for it too, and I found nothing either. Of course, this is Mobile and not finding it isn't unusual. lol!

Thank you so much for the help though. I guess I'll just use the regular sauce, which I couldn't see why I couldn't use it anyway. :rolleyes:

No, I didn't go just for you. I shop every two weeks because the nearest shopping area is 40 miles from me. I had 23 stops yesterday. I left at about 8:30 in the morning and pulled into the driveway about 5:30. Long day.

Wow, I guess it was a long day! Excellent planning though.

When I lived in Alaska I did the same thing, although I didn't have too many choices when it came to shopping. Still, I tried to get as much done as possible when I went into town.

Back
Top Bottom