"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Click Here to Login
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-07-2009, 02:31 PM   #1
Assistant Cook
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 1
What is this called?

My Grandmother was German. She used to make a certain kind of cookie by preparing hot oil and dipping a piece of metal on a handle into the cookie batter and then into the oil. When it was ready, the cookie was drained and then dusted with sugar. What kind of cookies are these called and what are the tools used to make them? I have a set of cookie forms in different shapes. They screw onto a wire with a wooden handle. If needed, I can send a picture of a set that I have that I purchased new about 20 years ago.
Dick M

Dick M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 02:46 PM   #2
Chef Extraordinaire
Katie H's Avatar
Site Moderator
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: I live in the Heartland of the United States - Western Kentucky
Posts: 16,260
They are called rosettes and I've probably made hundreds. The tools are called rosette irons. They are easy to make and delicious.
"As a girl I had zero interest in the stove." - Julia Child
This is real inspiration. Look what Julia became!
Katie H is offline   Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:09 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.