What is your favorite Chinese dish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Barb L.

Master Chef
This is not a true Chinese dish, but my favorite is "General Tso's Chicken" ! Hope to have it tonight ! Sweet n Sour Shrimp would be next !!

are you kidding me barbel? :)

there's so many, i couldn't choose one: steak kew, peking duck, lobster cantonese, kung pao chicken, snails in black bean sauce, shrimp and broccoli in hot sauce, seafood in oyster sauce, pork chow ho fun, singapore mei fun, broccoli or snow peas in garlic sauce, honey spare ribs, young chow fried rice, moo shoo pork, moo goo gai pan - but only if there's good mushrooms like shiitakes and wood ears, eggdrop seaweed soup, and so many more.

Just as bucky stated I love Chinese food. It is healthy and so full of flavor. Anytime we go out we try to eat Chinese or Thai.

Hot and Sour Soup, Mongolian Beef, Schezwan style Fish, Kung Pao style dishes, American Chop suey, Fried rice, Spring rolls, Cold salads (love the chicken, peanut and sesame oil one), Schezwan Eggplant, Crab Rangoons and the list goes on and on.

I have too many favorites to pick one.

A *good* Chow Fun is always a pleaser.

The ubiquitous Won Ton soup, when done right, is a helluva thing. Real Won Ton soup should be downright spicy, with spiced pork inside big flavorful noodles.

I'm also a big fan of razor clams in black bean sauce, when I can get it.....which is rarely.

There are so many facets of Chinese food. It's like Indian, wherein it's completely different depending on what part of the country it comes from.

There really are way, way, way too many to choose from, plus it all depends on my mood at the time & whether I'm cooking it myself at home or whether we're dining out.

However, I do love eggdrop soup (plain & with shrimp), hot & sour soup, roast pork fried rice, Singapore noodles, Szechuan tofu, whole sizzling red-cooked fish, Garlic Steak Kew (when made with uber tender filet mignon & lots of garlic), good dim sum & potstickers - really, the list truly is endless. I haven't even begun to make a dent in all the Chinese & other Asian cuisine cookbooks I have.

Mom never cooked "Chinese" beacuse as she said, she liked to go out once in a while and even the best Chinese resaraunt in DC was very affordable. She we grew up going to Chinese restaraunts, learnig to use chopsticks, and having a wide variety of likes.
Now that I have a powerful gas stove I have gotten a couple woks and necessary acoutrements to begin mastery of basic Asian cuisines.

Favorites would have to be Hot and Sour soup ... well made it is wonderful. MuShu pork has always been a favouite, especially if the restaraunt makes their own pancakes. Duck Wor Shui is also splendid.
I have a favorite place outside DC in ROckville MD called Joe's Noodle House. It looks like a hole in the wall, and one may well find oneself the only "white guy" in there. THe hostess will help you assempble a great meal from the board. I love the "Chinese greens" sauteed with hot spice. Szechuan string beans with pork, and chef's fresh creation are things I always get there. It's about as authentic as one can get in the mid Atlantic region. And with my own tools I am planning on mastering Beef with 5 colors.

Crispy fried Wonton with mini vegetable spring rolls (starter)
House Special chow mein with same in Chop Sui (main dish)

I don`t eat dessert so I get a chicken fried rice in to soak up all the sweet/sour dip used for the starters (they always give you too much).

then kick back and watch TV with a HUGE bag of prawn crackers :)

Would you beleive I`m only 138 pounds in weight!

i think i've eaten 138lbs. of chinese food before,

in one sitting!

and i was hungry an hour later...:cool:

I haven't experienced a lot of the more exotic things, but I've liked just about any Chinese dish I've eaten, unless it has those little hard fried noodles.

My favorite is sweet & sour shrimp, or sweet & sour anything, for that matter. I also like Orange Chicken, Moo Goo Gai Pan, Beef & Broccoli, chow mein, anything with a lot of vegies or pineapple, pork & shrimp egg rolls, fried rice, all the soups I've tried...don't know about the hot stuff, though.
The next thing I want to try is Cashew Chicken. I've looked at the recipes, and it looks like something I'd like.

Jeekinz said:
Poo Poo Plater :sick:

I always wondered what this dish could be... doesn't sound exactly appetizing...:ermm:

It may sound rather dumb but spring rolls (or egg rolls) are my favourite.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom