What is your favorite Mexican/Tex-Mex food???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I am yet to post a dish on here but I was reminded of one while making it!

Mexican style pintos. Slow cooked with veggies and spices and simmered until you just can't take it anymore.

No, not refried beans TexMex newbs!

I had these for lunch once with smoked chicken mole and just fell in love. It is still very vivid in my mind as it was the first time my wife and I felt that the kids were old enough to stay home alone while we went grocery shopping. My wife asked if I wanted lunch and we both started looking for fast food places. Then we realized that we DIDN'T have to eat out of paper near a playroom!!!

drinks

Breakfast chilequiles with red sauce , Carne asada , Chile relleno con queso, shredded beef chimichanga. Carnitas and Carne asada tacos, the mexican style ones with the 2 little corn tortillas. Some kind of a Sangria cocktail too.

Yes, sangrias are awesome and its a very festive drink;)

I like chicken Flautas, that's Bar Food to me..

but I Really like Caldos (soups) like Caldo de Res, and of course Tortilla Soup..

it might depend on where you are opening your RestoBar..

fish tacos have not done very well here in Austin Tx.

Eric.

hi

I like chicken Flautas, that's Bar Food to me..

but I Really like Caldos (soups) like Caldo de Res, and of course Tortilla Soup..

it might depend on where you are opening your RestoBar..

fish tacos have not done very well here in Austin Tx.

Eric.

She is planning to open in Miami...I guess fish tacos isnt for Texans :)

Chimichangas.

I really miss a restaurant we used to frequent called Chi-Chi's. They had a seafood chimi dish that was out of this world.

Please don't, Linda! I think it's interesting when an old thread is resurrected. I never saw this one before.

Gosh....choosing a fave TexMex or Mexican dish is like choosing which child is your fave. :LOL: If I have to pick one or two, I think it would be Huevos Rancheros, and tacos. Or a version of chiles rellenos. Or......:LOL:

I was away from DC for about a year. I pulled up a thread with a recipe for my family's peach cream pie over the weekend. I also was dismayed to learned that not only had Addie passed away, but Pirate did as well. I have enjoyed reading the threads I missed.

I was away from DC for about a year. I pulled up a thread with a recipe for my family's peach cream pie over the weekend. I also was dismayed to learned that not only had Addie passed away, but Pirate did as well. I have enjoyed reading the threads I missed.

What??? Addie died?

I know. But two other people posted today, so I was like "why not?"

[emoji38]
Okay, I'll go away now.
Don't be silly ;) There's no need to go anywhere.
Please don't, Linda! I think it's interesting when an old thread is resurrected. I never saw this one before.
The only reason I mentioned it is because in the past, people have posted responses or questions in old threads to people who no longer visit the forum, or at least haven't posted in many years. I'm not saying don't reopen old threads - just don't expect responses from inactive members.

Back
Top Bottom