"Discover Cooking, Discuss Life."

Go Back   Discuss Cooking - Cooking Forums > Recipes & Ingredients > International Cuisines and Ethnic Cookery
Click Here to Login

Old 05-28-2020, 09:59 PM   #1
Assistant Cook

What kind of Korean recipes would interest you?

Hi all, hope you're doing well during these times of uncertainty!

I'm new to this forum, but wanted to try it out to see what kind-of Korean recipes you all would be interested in learning the most.

A friend of mine recently started her own business for grocery delivery, it's predominately Korean groceries, and to get people more familiar with Korean cuisine her website also includes recipes for common Korean dishes.

Daolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 05:15 AM   #2
Executive Chef

Hello Daolang, Welcome to DC

Many of us are interested in various Asian recipes. Browse thru the posts under those cuisines as that will give you a good idea.

Why don't you try posting some of your own favourite recipes there to entice us?
Old 05-29-2020, 06:25 AM   #3
Master Chef

Welcome! We make several Korean dishes at home and always have gochujang on hand. Bibimbap is one of our favorite meals, as well as bulgogi. We've also made kimchi at home. We have several local Asian markets close by.
Old 05-29-2020, 11:40 AM   #4
Head Chef

Welcome to the forum!
Old 05-29-2020, 06:41 PM   #5
Executive Chef

Welcome to the forum, any vegetarian Korean dishes would be welcome. I ventured into making Korean soy sauce a few months back, and lets just say , Iwont be giving up my day job any time soon.
larry_stewart is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:10 PM   #6
Assistant Cook

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry_stewart View Post
Welcome to the forum, any vegetarian Korean dishes would be welcome. I ventured into making Korean soy sauce a few months back, and lets just say , Iwont be giving up my day job any time soon.

Soy sauce is a big first step lol, have you tried making cabbage Kimchi? You can skip the shrimps and just add more sea salt without any noticeable change to make it vegetarian.
Daolang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2020, 02:30 PM   #7
Master Chef

Could you give your version of a bulgogi recipe? Type of meat and technique?

I used to marinate sliced chevon tenderloin for 1 to 3 days and then grill, but lately I have been using chuck roast in a crockpot.
Old 05-30-2020, 07:18 PM   #8
Executive Chef

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daolang View Post
Soy sauce is a big first step lol, have you tried making cabbage Kimchi? You can skip the shrimps and just add more sea salt without any noticeable change to make it vegetarian.
It was a very BIG ambitious first step lol, but just knowing the process was fun. Would I tory it again? Maybe . I have made kimchee in the past which came out very good !
larry_stewart is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
recipe, recipes

What kind of Korean recipes would interest you? Hi all, hope you're doing well during these times of uncertainty! I'm new to this forum, but wanted to try it out to see what kind-of Korean recipes you all would be interested in learning the most. A friend of mine recently started her own business for grocery delivery, it's predominately Korean groceries, and to get people more familiar with Korean cuisine her website also includes recipes for common Korean dishes. 3 stars 1 reviews