What's your ethnic spice/sauce?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

97guns

Senior Cook
im asian, chinese so the go to sauce is soy sauce. maybe if your vientames it could be fish sauce, just wondering what spice your ethnicity is known for.

Spices, herbs and sauces of whatever cuisine I'm cooking defines my "go to".;)

Frank's Red Hot sauce
Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
Hunt's Ketchup
Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise

Mostly diner stuff! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

Red Boat 40°N fish sauce and Shark Brand Sriracha are absolutely my favorite go-to condiments. My people's ethnic sauce would probably be Heinz ketchup but I rarely use the stuff.

Frank's Red Hot sauce (but i've added cholula original and cristal hot sauces to my repertoire)

Lea & Perrins Worcestershire sauce
Gulden's Spicy Brown Mustard
Hunt's Ketchup (i'm a heinz guy, but hunt's will do)

Hellmann's Real Mayonnaise (no miracle h-wip)

Mostly diner stuff! :ermm::ohmy::LOL:

these are what i cook with (hmm, these are with which i cook?)

but 97 was asking for ethnicities, no matter how many you have from a purebred to the most mangy mutt.

i'm an irish and norwegian halfbreed, so it would be hp steak sauce for the irish part (good on a lot of stuff, from an irish breakfast, to steak, to chip butties)

and white cream sauce with dill on everything
for the norwegian side.

Last edited:
If I went with ethnic, I got German, Scottish, and probably some American Indian.

So it's sauerkraut, haggis, and pemmican.

What I actually use is a lot of great stuff from the Asian market, much Heinz ketchup, and salsa.

If I went with ethnic, I got German, Scottish, and probably some American Indian.

So it's sauerkraut, haggis, and pemmican.

What I actually use is a lot of great stuff from the Asian market, much Heinz ketchup, and salsa.

I know, I'm such a mutt there is no ethnicity...I tend towards Asian and the only thing Asian about me is my Japanese Godmother and my interest in all things Japan.

Mata atode aimashou! (see you later)

I can almost have a conversation without checking my dictionary...

neither can i...

it's the best i could do.

:)

you try to look up the japanese word for dictionary in a dictionary. it's like looking for another word for thesaurus.

Last edited:
I've only studied in romanji...have not studied hirigana or katakana. My Dad has studied those, Korean and Mandarin Chinese. My studies have been so I can recognize what I'm looking at in the store.

Back
Top Bottom