What's your ultimate pizza?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's no pizza, Chief, that's a casserole! :ermm: :LOL:

...what would be your ultimate pizza? Cost is not a deciding factor...
Cost not a factor? I would like a Margherita pizza to share with our daughter, served up in Naples while gazing out at the Gulf of Naples, the two of us doing a food tour of Italy. Italy was her favorite country when she went on an 16-day tour of Europe after spending two nights-one day in London. I don't think we'll ever actually do it, but eating while spending time with people we love can the best meals of all. :heart:

THE ultimate ? The Villa on W117th in Cleveland. When they went out of business nothing could even compare. Not even close.

A good satisfier they have in Chicago, I'll have to go 100 miles and bang on his door with a gun to get him up and tell me what pizza place. SIXTY BUCKS ! Last time he came back I think with four, think of that, at the counter in a pizza place "That'll be $240".

And then there's mine, which gets great reviews but not lately. Can't really have parties so much in this place. But a properly stacked deluxe. If I have all the stuff I mean the dough stuff, the sauces and spices, three cheeses. (mozz.,prov.,aciago) I have told of my sauce, so yes that. and this does prove it saps the spices flavor.

Then we have the elquicko ones on a Friday night, premade crust in a bag and all that, and some of those have been surprising.

The olman made pizzas on those burrito wraps.

If I can get none of the above, I figure something else out.

T

This is the best "looking" cheese pizza I have seen on YouTube (or other recipe photos):

https://youtu.be/8pqcd3N-AtE

Note: there is an error in his vid… the diameter is 24cm, not the indicated 24 inches. I haven't made one yet, and while the rather abundant amount of semolina used is curious, I have tried several of his other baking recipes and they have been exemplary.

The sauce seems a bit simple, but this is how I start my pizza sauces (prefer fresh to cooked), and I may doctor with a little sugar, red pepper flakes, and oregano (although he adds the oregano on top the cheese - so maybe not).

Anyway… since it looks more like how I expect a great cheese pizza to look than anything else I have seen (and his track record with me has been great), I think it is worth a shot. Just not right now as the last two weeks here have been pretty brutal (temperature wise), so the thought of pre-heating a 500°F oven for an hour is not something I am looking to do until it cools off considerably.

Back
Top Bottom