Would you pay for in-home cooking courses?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

vedadme

Assistant Cook
If it was affordable, would you ever pay someone to come to your house and teach you how to make international cuisine?

No, I would not.

However, if I was trying to learn how to cook and had money to burn, I might.

No.

I think this might have been a useful idea years ago when Julia Child was the only cooking show on television and people were just beginning to experiment in the kitchen. Today with all of the cooking shows and YouTube videos it seems unnecessary. A few friends could get together, chip in for the ingredients and have fun without hiring a stranger to teach them.

Last edited:
No, I wouldn't.

As AB mentioned, in this day and age there is so much information out there at the click of a keypad. I wouldn't pay someone to come in to my small kitchen when I can look up countless videos. Not to mention coming here. :)

9 - no's
1 - yes
1 - maybe
1 - depends
Have to add me to the depends catagory.
A key in your statement is "affordable"
I'm always wanting to learn different cusines but I don't think I'd be willing to make it worth someones while to trek to my home for the experience.

Some people have personal trainers, some hire tutors for the kids, If I found someone who could teach me one on one, something I was interested in, and they were extremely knowledgable at it, why not. That being said, It wouldnt just be joe-shmo from the phone book. maybe a chef at a restaurant Im familiar with.

Several years ago, sure! Especially if it was a group thing. But at this point there's not anything I'm unwilling to tackle myself. =)

I like Aunt Bea's idea. Disregarding the paying part, I was thinking of a situation where a group of friends could go to each others house to be tutored in that person's special dishes. Now that would be fun. Then again, DC is somewhat like that where we share TNT recipes and instructions.

Back
Top Bottom