Are there special uses for Duck Eggs?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
In Florida, cottonmouths are killed when they're found. You have one that is an accepted "resident"? Oh Yuck! My trigger finger is itching...

We knew there was a second one in the area and wanted to get the both of them together. They tend to travel in pairs. Sure enough, a couple of weeks later I heard the woman across the street hollering for me. She had managed to pin the heads down on the two of them with a shovel and a hoe. I immeditaely called her husband and Sid Herdon. Sid was the town snake official. I took the hoe out of her hand and helped her hold it down. Sid showed up first and with his trusted rifle shot them both. There was a $5 bounty on rattlers, (My son would catch them for money to go to the movies on Saturday.) and a $15 bounty on WM's. We split the difference between us. I had a BB gun that we kept loaded all the time with salt rock for coyotes, but wasn't sure if that would do the job or just make them madder. So we left the job to Sid.

At that time coyotes were protected in Texas. So we could only pepper them with salt rock or a small dose of BB's. Salt rock works great on them. As the rocks start to melt from the body heat, it burns. But they remember where they got it and don't come back. BB's only hurt for a short itme. :chef:

I use duck eggs interchangably with chicken eggs, but when boiled the yolks are more, well, king of moist sticky, not as dry as chicken eggs, I can't really explain that. But duck eggs do wondereful things for baked goods, makes them really light and fluffy.

At that time coyotes were protected in Texas. So we could only pepper them with salt rock or a small dose of BB's. Salt rock works great on them. As the rocks start to melt from the body heat, it burns. But they remember where they got it and don't come back. BB's only hurt for a short time. :chef:
In Nevada, where I was born and lived for some time, coyotes were worth $25 for a pair of front feet. Some locals figured out how to break the back feet to look like front feet and were collecting double bounty. Now you have to turn in four feet. They figure if you have four coyote feet, there's at least one dead coyote out there.

I have a little .22 semi that works great with rat shot in it. I see a snake; I kill that snake. Someone else can "catch" it in snake heaven. There are plenty of snakes, owls and hawks. No rodent problem at my house.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom