Asparagus Souffle

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that enjoys cooking.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mish

Washing Up
Asparagus Souffle
Serving Size:8
12 eggs
1/2 cup softened butter
1 pint small-curd cottage cheese
2 cans asparagus or fresh cooked to taste, drained and cut into pieces
1 pound grated Monterey Jack or cheddar cheese
1/2 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking powder

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Melt the butter and pour into two 8 or 9-inch square pans, coating the bottom thoroughly.

In a large bowl, beat eggs slightly and stir in the cheeses. Combine the flour and baking powder and add to the egg mixture; blend thoroughly. Stir in asparagus pieces, saving some tips for garnish.

Pour into the baking pans, place one asparagus tip on each of the 8 servings, and bake for 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 350 degrees and continue baking for another 20 minutes. Cut souffle in each pan into 4 pieces and serve hot.

OK mish with a pound of cheese in it there is NO WAY this is one of your light recipes. It sounds nummy by the way.

Hee, hee :) This is from a Bed & Breakfast, Alix. After a pound o' cheese for breakfast, they probably want you to get a room :ermm: (It does serve a few.)

It still sounds delicious. I am always a bit leery of souffles. I have a tendency to be impatient and crash them. I may give this one a try though. I mean hey, cheese is GOOD! :-p

Thanks Alix. Cheese-lover here too. Since there's no beating of egg whites, guessing this won't be worrisome re de-poofing. See watcha think. (Pass the cheese, please :) )

I used up all my asparagus last night (the proscuitto and fontina wrapped ones) but I am getting some more as it is still on sale here. I will post how it comes out.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom